4-2-1 exhaust better? Plus suggestions

WFSDNO

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking at a 01 Busa that has a Micron 4-2-1 Exhaust.  Would that make it a full system? Is that better or worse than a set going into 2 cans?

Also, guy has installed a TRE (not sure which one).  Bike has 9,800 miles, new tires, new chain, anything I should look for when I go see it?

He is asking $7000.  Blue / Silver

Thanks in advance, Roger

Probably a full exhaust, but I have seen people weld the left hand pipe on the stock exhaust closed to make a 4-2-1. I wouldn't suggest, no power gained. But, as I stated, it's probably a full. As for the other questions, I know the early models had some quircks, but can't remember what. Someone should chime in soon for that
beerchug.gif

Yup, its a full exhaust.

Biggest thing I like about 4-2-1 is MUCH easier chain maintenance and its lighter.  
wink.gif

I prefer the look of 1 can,if you dont want the TRE on there it will take 5 min to remove...the 01 arent speed governed,are they? the TRE will make for better,smoother acceleration from 1st-4th gear

Thanks for all the responses so far. I really like the GIPro TRE, not sure what he has on there.

Thanks!! Roger

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 19 2007,05:11) I prefer the look of 1 can,if you dont want the TRE on there it will take 5 min to remove...the 01 arent speed governed,are they? the TRE will make for better,smoother acceleration from 1st-4th gear.

2001 is restricted. Only 1999 & 2000 are unrestricted.
Factory exhaust system weighs about 45 pounds. My Hindle weighs 7 pounds. Much easier to clean the chain & less damage if she goes down on that side.

Do a search for TRE - you will love what you find.
crazy.gif

Back