380lb Busa

you'd think after investing all that money into the bike it would get a better paintjob, wtf is up with that? that bike looks like a 1992 can-o-tuna. If he'd only invest 1/20th of that money into a decent paintjob, that bike would be sweet as hell.

I applaud his efforts to make one hell of a busa, but that paint color on the homepage is just horrific. Appearance before performance, thats what I say

Mike

BigGar has an all Carbon Fiber Busa like that! That machine screams!! If you go to Laguna Seca he will have it up there.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I didn't see the bike...But it seems like he invested a lot of money to slim it down...Don't know if I would have taken that route...Yeah I do, I would not have done that...Would it not have been cheaper to get a 1000 and bore it...Well I guess the effect would have not been the same...
wink.gif

It looks like most of the wt savings is in the wheels, tank, and exhaust... these alone would save about 50+lbs, bringing it down to about 430lbs... a very respectable wt. same as the stock RC51 and lighter than the stock TL1000. At that wt, we might even be able to call it "Flickable"!!!!!

Tank $1000
Wheels $1300
Exhaust $700
Looks like about $3,000 +paint might do it.

Does this look right? If so, it's a nice goal to have..

Having a modified bike - cool
Spending too much $ - not so cool

Having a stock 550 pound bike with sub 10 sec quarter miles times and a top speed of over 180 miles per hour - PRICELESS

Back