35k miles too much for a '99 busa...

84NinjaDreamin

Registered
Hi- Does anyone know if 35k miles is too much mileage to buy a Busa with?? What things should I look for before buying it if you guys think its OK to buy? Thanks!

Kurt

Heard of them making way over that some of the members on the >org have bikes with milelage in the 50,000 range I believe. Suppose to be a very strong motor and if you know what to look for or have a mechanic check it out you should be ok.

keep in mind my opinion is that of a novice.

I just totaled my 2000 Busa and it had 99,750 miles
on body. Second engine (27,000) miles. Blew original
at 87,000. Bike it's self was solid.

Thanks Col & Phatroy. 87k is unbelievable!!

Can anyone else suggest what I might want to have checked on the bike? Thanks again,

Kurt

Heck, it is just broken in now
biggrin.gif

rear subframes and fuel filters were the only problems with the early years. With that much milage, probably all corrected by now.

Hey, if its the copper color and clean, if you pass, I'll take it
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156985244 -->

OK, somebody found "my" Busa on EBAY and bought it out from under me. Fess up someone!!!!

If you did this after reading into my original post you are a real and petty low-life.....

And the bike was in NJ btw...:angry:

I tried to edit my post and say that I didn't mean to imply that it was someone here that bought it. Sorry, I am just disappointed because I thought this was the one
sad.gif

Kurt

Sone here on thr board recently posted a pic of their odometer and it was 88,888
wink.gif

Back