300 tire stand

coreywiley

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a company that sells the 300 fat tire rear stand cause I wanna change my chains and rear sprocket. The place that I bought my kit from sells them ,but I want to be able to compare prices. Do anyone knows of another company that offers them? Thanks!

If it were me and price was a factor,I'd grab any ol' used sport bike stand cut it in half and weld in the nessesary amount of extra width needed.

Cost ya maybe 50-60 bucks. :thumbsup:

RSD.

That would be nice and I thought about that but I don't have a welder on hand and don't want to buy one only to use it just once

Aren't there any welding shops in your area? They should be more than willing to do that job for ya'....

cut one in half and put a pipe in it to extend it then drill and throw a bolt in it . Or Pitbull makes them

cut one in half and put a pipe in it to extend it then drill and throw a bolt in it . Or Pitbull makes them

Sure....give the guy an easier,more simple way out of his problem. :poke: Something he could do himself in like 5 minutes.:banghead:

Now I feel dumb.Ya smartazz.

RSD.

Also, don't be afraid to take one of the regular stands and just open it up a little. When I got mine I was in the same boat, and I'm not one for waiting on something to get here. And at the time I looked at what was available and said to myself(probably outload):laugh: they are the same "adjective" same only with arms bent different so it's got a wider grab. Not all now, but at the time all I looked at were, had a couple extra rear stands I wasn'y using so this one became my guinea pig. Laid it down, spread it open a bit and put a slight bend in arms to bring legs back in to line up with swingarm and wala. $185 stand(at the time, like $160 now) what they were charging for "300 tire rear stand", for maybe 30 minutes of time and a maybe $50-75 stand that was collecting dust not being used. :thumbsup:

Grant I didn't get my bends 100% symetrical as you can see, but for an expiriment and only using hands & feet to bend it what would you expect. And even though that stand (LP stand I think) had the fold down arms it was steady as a champ. I could easily lift on stand and roll bike around on stand no problem. And you know I never did spend any money on a special 300 stand. Yeah, it's not a PitBull with removable handle and it also wasn't a couple hundred dollars, worked like a charm and still is to this day.

DSCN2320.JPG

I hang my bike from the ceiling.

Well, the rear anyway. Sounds worse than it is. I use ratchet straps, and simply hook them to the subframe and crank a couple times and its in the air. I pinch the front brake and it stays like a rock.

If you picture the 4 points where the garage door supports are (2 front where the door meets the wall, and 2 rear, back by the opener), I have the bike pointing toward the door, and use the rearmost garage door support brackets (back by the opener) to hook the straps to. No problem holding the weight- each strap individually can hold my 200# self with no probs.

Plus there's nothing in the way when I'm working. Just floats. If I'm really going to be tooling hard on it, I use a canyon dancer on the bars and two more straps to the other two brackets on the garage door wall. I dont lift the front too, just give it added stability if I'm wrenching hard.

And it is a one-person job, takes just a cpl minutes. Haven't used my PitBull since I had this epiphany:laugh:

I think I have pics if anyone wants/needs to see.

Also, don't be afraid to take one of the regular stands and just open it up a little. When I got mine I was in the same boat, and I'm not one for waiting on something to get here. And at the time I looked at what was available and said to myself(probably outload):laugh: they are the same "adjective" same only with arms bent different so it's got a wider grab. Not all now, but at the time all I looked at were, had a couple extra rear stands I wasn'y using so this one became my guinea pig. Laid it down, spread it open a bit and put a slight bend in arms to bring legs back in to line up with swingarm and wala. $185 stand(at the time, like $160 now) what they were charging for "300 tire rear stand", for maybe 30 minutes of time and a maybe $50-75 stand that was collecting dust not being used. :thumbsup:

Grant I didn't get my bends 100% symetrical as you can see, but for an expiriment and only using hands & feet to bend it what would you expect. And even though that stand (LP stand I think) had the fold down arms it was steady as a champ. I could easily lift on stand and roll bike around on stand no problem. And you know I never did spend any money on a special 300 stand. Yeah, it's not a PitBull with removable handle and it also wasn't a couple hundred dollars, worked like a charm and still is to this day.

Do u have any side pics?

I looked at my stand and it's not going to bend the way that its made cause it has bracing on the two tubes. So I'm going to try a floor jack under the under bracing . I called the stealership today and asked how to change both chains and sprockets and they told me $94 an hour. I probably would've been ok with that had it not taken them two and a half hours just to tighten the front chain when I took it in the first time.

Back