300 tire stand

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a company that sells the 300 fat tire rear stand cause I wanna change my chains and rear sprocket. The place that I bought my kit from sells them ,but I want to be able to compare prices. Do anyone knows of another company that offers them? Thanks!

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
If it were me and price was a factor,I'd grab any ol' used sport bike stand cut it in half and weld in the nessesary amount of extra width needed.

Cost ya maybe 50-60 bucks. :thumbsup:

RSD.

That would be nice and I thought about that but I don't have a welder on hand and don't want to buy one only to use it just once

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
cut one in half and put a pipe in it to extend it then drill and throw a bolt in it . Or Pitbull makes them

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
cut one in half and put a pipe in it to extend it then drill and throw a bolt in it . Or Pitbull makes them
Sure....give the guy an easier,more simple way out of his problem. :poke: Something he could do himself in like 5 minutes.:banghead:

Now I feel dumb.Ya smartazz.

RSD.

Also, don't be afraid to take one of the regular stands and just open it up a little. When I got mine I was in the same boat, and I'm not one for waiting on something to get here. And at the time I looked at what was available and said to myself(probably outload):laugh: they are the same "adjective" same only with arms bent different so it's got a wider grab. Not all now, but at the time all I looked at were, had a couple extra rear stands I wasn'y using so this one became my guinea pig. Laid it down, spread it open a bit and put a slight bend in arms to bring legs back in to line up with swingarm and wala. $185 stand(at the time, like $160 now) what they were charging for "300 tire rear stand", for maybe 30 minutes of time and a maybe $50-75 stand that was collecting dust not being used. :thumbsup:

Grant I didn't get my bends 100% symetrical as you can see, but for an expiriment and only using hands & feet to bend it what would you expect. And even though that stand (LP stand I think) had the fold down arms it was steady as a champ. I could easily lift on stand and roll bike around on stand no problem. And you know I never did spend any money on a special 300 stand. Yeah, it's not a PitBull with removable handle and it also wasn't a couple hundred dollars, worked like a charm and still is to this day.

DSCN2320.JPG

Bondo

Registered
I hang my bike from the ceiling.

Well, the rear anyway. Sounds worse than it is. I use ratchet straps, and simply hook them to the subframe and crank a couple times and its in the air. I pinch the front brake and it stays like a rock.

If you picture the 4 points where the garage door supports are (2 front where the door meets the wall, and 2 rear, back by the opener), I have the bike pointing toward the door, and use the rearmost garage door support brackets (back by the opener) to hook the straps to. No problem holding the weight- each strap individually can hold my 200# self with no probs.

Plus there's nothing in the way when I'm working. Just floats. If I'm really going to be tooling hard on it, I use a canyon dancer on the bars and two more straps to the other two brackets on the garage door wall. I dont lift the front too, just give it added stability if I'm wrenching hard.

And it is a one-person job, takes just a cpl minutes. Haven't used my PitBull since I had this epiphany:laugh:

I think I have pics if anyone wants/needs to see.

Also, don't be afraid to take one of the regular stands and just open it up a little. When I got mine I was in the same boat, and I'm not one for waiting on something to get here. And at the time I looked at what was available and said to myself(probably outload):laugh: they are the same "adjective" same only with arms bent different so it's got a wider grab. Not all now, but at the time all I looked at were, had a couple extra rear stands I wasn'y using so this one became my guinea pig. Laid it down, spread it open a bit and put a slight bend in arms to bring legs back in to line up with swingarm and wala. $185 stand(at the time, like $160 now) what they were charging for "300 tire rear stand", for maybe 30 minutes of time and a maybe $50-75 stand that was collecting dust not being used. :thumbsup:

Grant I didn't get my bends 100% symetrical as you can see, but for an expiriment and only using hands & feet to bend it what would you expect. And even though that stand (LP stand I think) had the fold down arms it was steady as a champ. I could easily lift on stand and roll bike around on stand no problem. And you know I never did spend any money on a special 300 stand. Yeah, it's not a PitBull with removable handle and it also wasn't a couple hundred dollars, worked like a charm and still is to this day.
Do u have any side pics?

I looked at my stand and it's not going to bend the way that its made cause it has bracing on the two tubes. So I'm going to try a floor jack under the under bracing . I called the stealership today and asked how to change both chains and sprockets and they told me $94 an hour. I probably would've been ok with that had it not taken them two and a half hours just to tighten the front chain when I took it in the first time.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maroonbusa