mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
3 Questions? from a Texas Engineer

Question # 1:?

How much does a house weigh?

Question # 2:

How much weight can a rural two-lane bridge?Hold????

???

and
Question # 3

SO......WOULD THIS BE COVERED BY

HOUSE INSURANCE,

CAR INSURANCE,

OR,

DOES IT COME UNDER ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE ????

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

see, y'all yankeys aint the only ones that can have covered bridges, plus ours has a fridge to keep our beer cold while we're fishin':thumbsup:

Garage door at each end and you have a covered bridge.

I think weight wasn't a problem but the lack of axles to transfer the weight was...and also its funny that the I beams holding the house up are stronger then the engineered beams under the bridge, who would ever think that possible:poke: by the way the house is probably about 16-22#s(on average) but can be as much as 60#s a square foot..so really not heavy at all if your on the small scale and this house is empty and probably doesn't have large stone counter tops, concrete floor slabs or fireplaces anywhere in it....but when you have all that weight on 2 axles if the house is 2000 square foot then that's about 16-22 tons, but by the looks of it its probably more like 1200 square feet

Last edited:
Haven't you guys ever seen a Covered Bridge before :laugh:! Think, Stimulas Plan for our Rural Community Bridges :whistle:

Shovel ready anyone :rofl:

I think weight wasn't a problem but the lack of axles to transfer the weight was...and also its funny that the I beams holding the house up are stronger then the engineered beams under the bridge, who would ever think that possible:poke: by the way the house is probably about 16-22#s(on average) but can be as much as 60#s a square foot..so really not heavy at all if your on the small scale and this house is empty and probably doesn't have large stone counter tops, concrete floor slabs or fireplaces anywhere in it....but when you have all that weight on 2 axles if the house is 2000 square foot then that's about 16-22 tons, but by the looks of it its probably more like 1200 square feet

What's your day job:thumbsup:

A house on the creek, i wonder why the other axles feel out from under it? it is like they did not have any hangers or anything and was just setting under there.

Back