3 Pass Blast

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Well, The Winter Wonderland that once was a skiers and boarder's delight has melted to the point of open roads over the summits. The last opening was Thursday with the Sonora Pass being unlocked by Cal Trans, the keeper of the key to the summertime M/C playgrounds.

Seven riders set off in search of these magical two wheeled grounds this morning after a breakfast in Sonora. Plans were made and sights set on the Sonora Pass opened just two days prior. The summit was made and snowballs thrown in celebration of Cal Trans efforts to clear the road to the top.

Some posing was done, then it was off the second summit of the day Monitor Pass. Another success, with the careful avoidance the abundant tar snakes along the route. A second stop was made in Markleeville to rehydrate and to connect with another pair of riders that joined us for the third quest of the day Ebbets Pass.

Ebbets was not quite as clean and had lots of water running across her path. Undeterred, we forged up and over with another stop for some more posin'.

A fantastic day and a excellent way to beat the 100 degree heat in the valley. 12 hours in the saddle and 400 miles added to Masago's mile o meter. She broke 10 K before making it back to the stable.

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

Excellent news! Wish it had been open earlier. Normally we cross over Sonora on the way back from Death Valley, but couldn't happen this year. How bad was the sand?

Excellent news! Wish it had been open earlier. Normally we cross over Sonora on the way back from Death Valley, but couldn't happen this year. How bad was the sand?

Very clean, little if any. Some fresh asphalt too.

Russ,

Love those roads and it was quite a varied collection of bikes on the RIDE!!
Hope ya had as much fun as I did even with the range of temperatures... from tossing snowballs to sweltering in the 104 heat of Jackson???

Let's RIDE!
ButtHead

Russ,

Love those roads and it was quite a varied collection of bikes on the RIDE!!
Hope ya had as much fun as I did even with the range of temperatures... from tossing snowballs to sweltering in the 104 heat of Jackson???

Let's RIDE!
ButtHead

:welcome: Butthead

Was a fantastic Ride as is the norm, butt I was glad to get back to the crib.

:welcome:

Was a fantastic Ride as is the norm, butt I was glad to get back to the crib.

Russ,

I'm led to understand that as you get more mature and more experienced in the art of the RIDE, that getting to the crib is even more relished. After a hot, long day in the saddle that cool air-conditioning and cold beer sure sounds good. Plus, you add to the mix that you have voluntarily dismounted the magical-two-wheeler and that she is ready to do it again... Maybe when I get older and with a little more experience I can learn to "be glad to get back to the crib" too?

Nah, I doubt it!

:rofl:

Let's RIDE!
ButtHead

Beautiful! Makes me miss riding along the passes in Colorado. Nothing like riding along some great roads with a decent snow pack all around you. Meanwhile you've got nothing but a t-shirt under your jacket :laugh: Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the pics! I would have loved to have hooked up with you guys, but alas, I had no idea you were doing the 3-pass ride. Pacemaster and I did the Monitor thingy last Saturday but have yet to do the Ebbetts and Sonora rides. Good to know Sonora is finally open again! Oh well, see ya at the Stampede! :thumbsup:

Man Russ. When Do you Ever NOT RIDE :laugh:

Just have to quit making excuses and go. I'm free to twist a wrist Mondee! I'm sure we could find cooler, cage free roads than the ones ridden today.

:thumbsup:

Guess I should make excuses not to go. My front yard is looking pretty shabby. The back field looks better.

Back