3 Motorcycles in a 6x12 Help Needed!

The Gribbler

Registered
I am looking for tips on securing a motorcycle while taking up as little space as possible. I don't want to get a pitbull or sts setup just yet (too pricey), but I do have full access to a machine shop in case anyone has any ideas. I am trying to get 3 motorcycles in the trailer. Its kind of difficult to get the straps mounted far enough away on the handle bars that it clears the fairing.

I looked through the forums but didn't see any specific enough for this situation. I am towing with a Jeep so its not like I can throw one in the bed. The trailer is a 6x12 without a V-nose.

PICTURES would be amazing :please:. Thanks!

What kind of bikes?

It would be the Hayabusa and two other sport bikes. Could be a 2012 Daytona 675, 2008 CBR600RR, 2003 Kawisaki Z1000 (Easy to strap down because it has very little fairing) or an 04 GSXR 600. It would be nice to fit some gear back there too.

Chocks front and rear. The bikes will be standing straight up and down an straps aren't even needed.

Well I guess Baxley wheel chocks are going to be too expensive, but that's the way I think I would load them up. Add some E-track along the floor. Just remember, it may be cheaper to spend the money up front and get the right hardware than to repair if there ever was a issue.

Sorry, I don't have a picture of three, but I'm confident I could configure it somehow.
DSC08188.jpg

We got a CBR 1k, R6 and S1000rr in my 6x12 but I used 2 STS stands and a harbor freight knock off of a Baxley. We pushed the two liter bikes in backwards all the way to the back of the trailer, one on each side and secured them with the STS stands. Next we pulled the the R6 in forward between the two liter bikes and secured on the HF front wheel chock. I had a couple D-rings in the floor that we used to keep the 6 from moving.

Thanks for the pic. How much do those chocks go for? Also what kind of seat is on your hayabusa? thanks.

The Baxley chocks go for around $250, but they are worth it. There are similar concepts, but hey aren't the same.
DSC03923.jpg

Seat is by Tobin
DSC07081.jpg

I use the Harbor Freight chock. $39.00. I think if I was gonna load the bikes up every week I'd go Baxley, but I've had my cheap HF for four years, 7-8 hour trips, no problems.

We loaded three on a 6X8, but man it was a pain in the as. Here are a couple photos to give you some ideas. Probably did 600 miles with this setup. Wasn't the most relaxing 600 miles, tho.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3.jpg

What is the load rating on a trailer like that? I'd say she's at capacity.

We loaded three on a 6X8, but man it was a pain in the as. Here are a couple photos to give you some ideas. Probably did 600 miles with this setup. Wasn't the most relaxing 600 miles, tho.

Pretty sure it is a 1500# axle. Was pretty close to max.

Remember that includes the weight of the trailer itself. Be careful my friend if you do that again, that trailer is way overweight. Hate to see something happen.. :down:

Back