3 Million post, an org milestone

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just wanted to take a few minutes and say thank you to each of you on the site. Early this morning we rolled 3 million post on the forum and as the numbers rolled right on by the org just kept on moving.

It has taken 13 years to get to 3 million post.

The last update like this was at 2 million which occurred on 5-25-2009 https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/110236-2-million-post-update.html

The first million was 11-28-2006 https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/56338-1-million-post.html

As you read those long post I put up years ago the same still holds true... Great friends, great fun and great memories! We have lost some fantastic people over the years, if you are new to the site go and check out some of the members that have passed on before us, you can see them here and search their screen names for histories and participation on the site... Hayabusa Gallery

I appeciate you all more than you know, we have gone through some crazy personal times here and many of the members have seen us through them, calls of encouragement, letters of hope and emails of support. I like to think that as a group we always reach out to someone when we see them struggling and boy have we seen people struggling over the past 4 or 5 years. I think that 2008 was a great year for the site, the new busa came out and many people attended the bash and we just had a great time. Since 2008 the economy has been rough, job loss, illness, loss of friends here has really been hard but we made it through. This place has become a part of my daily routine, just like waking up or having a cup of coffee I just login to see what is going on with my friends, facebook may be cool and all but we had the Internet figured out in 1999.

I can't tell you all how much I lean on and depend on the mods and admins, we all used to get together several times a year but as life has us moving around in our own worlds we don't get to see each other as much anymore. The mods and admins have always been there for me, they have always held fast and even held me up a time or two when I was ready to pull the plug. The org members really have no idea what a committment that is made behind the scenes each day. Discussions about events posted, shared wisdom and guidance and direction from each of our leaders. Mods / Admins thank you so much for being here and dedicating yourselves to the sport but more importantly for sticking with me even when we disagreed and I was a jerk ( no comment needed vabs ).

I will keep this much shorter than the other posts but we will be offering up some prizes for the member that hit the 3 million mark. I need to do a little research to make sure we have the right person and get all the specifics together...

Thank you Org, I look forward to 3 million more and a great 2013...

Cap

Thanks for giving so many of us a great place to hang out. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd have such a huge group a friends from all over the world!!

I'll forgive you for Bots being here...I know you don't control the internet :rofl:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Thanks Cap for allowing me to be a part of this special place . It's also given me the opportunity to meet Alot of wonderful people who I consider friends and family!:thumbsup:

Thanks Cap for this place. It is a constant in my life. I have made some great friends here, and had some awesome times with the group. :)

Thank you for all of the great memories, the great many miles on two different bikes. I enjoy serving and thank you for trusting me to do so. :-) I have met my closest friends on this site, rode some great roads along the way. Looking forward to many many more miles and memories.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

cAp,
It is funny, because I am back in the place where i really got involved on the .oRg, when I brought Bessie back with me from Japan. I remember PM'ing you and Vabs, to see if there was anything I could do to help... I remember hitting jt off with Hal and Omar right off the bat- and working on bikes at meets and even at my home; I have met so many fantastic people here, it is hard to imagine not being a part of it all. I am proud to be a part of this place- thanks for keeping me around:)

Heck Thanks for the site CAPTAIN!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::beerchug::beerchug: If it wasnt for this place, we would have not met each other or other members!:thumbsup:

This is a great place with many great people...one thing for sure is that if you expect the same effort / service from other forums you might be mistaken. I am glad to be a part of it here.

Thanks for this place captain. I have meet a couple people on this org that I talk to regularly outside the org and would have never known them if it wasn't for the site.

Although I do not post often I am on here quite a bit checking things out. Thank you for keeping an awesome place to hang out on this crazy thing called the internet. Other forums cannot touch this one!!

Thanks Captain!

Back