3 Bar Map Sensor on a 2001

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys,......as always.......please limit the replying posts to FACTS. The question is as follows: Can a 3 bar map sensor be used on a 2001? Will the Power Commander 2, S2000 injectors, and 1:1 fuel pressure regulator supply enough fuel to support around 300 hp or 10 lbs. of boost? The "math" on the injectors tells me "NO" being they are roughly in the 360cc range. I would need more than a 10 lb. increase in fuel pressure,......hence using the FMU. I'm hoping to eliminate the FMU. Thanks in advance!!!:beerchug:

Hey Guys,......as always.......please limit the replying posts to FACTS. The question is as follows: Can a 3 bar map sensor be used on a 2001? Will the Power Commander 2, S2000 injectors, and 1:1 fuel pressure regulator supply enough fuel to support around 300 hp or 10 lbs. of boost? The "math" on the injectors tells me "NO" being they are roughly in the 360cc range. I would need more than a 10 lb. increase in fuel pressure,......hence using the FMU. I'm hoping to eliminate the FMU. Thanks in advance!!!:beerchug:

A 3-bar map sensor can be used with a Dynojet Hub connected to a PCIIIUSB, and happens to work well. Supplying enough fuel for your setup will depend on your initial baseline pressure . . . you might be able to run a higher initial fuel pressure, putting negative values in your map for your steady-state and cruise areas, but I can tell you it will be a lot easier to reach your goals using an FMU. What you want to do may be possible, but some time on the dyno will be necessary to determine the outcome. FYI- BEGI new FMUs have a new design that eliminates the shim. POWERHOUSE has them in stock . . .

A 3-bar map sensor can be used with a Dynojet Hub connected to a PCIIIUSB, and happens to work well. Supplying enough fuel for your setup will depend on your initial baseline pressure . . . you might be able to run a higher initial fuel pressure, putting negative values in your map for your steady-state and cruise areas, but I can tell you it will be a lot easier to reach your goals using an FMU. What you want to do may be possible, but some time on the dyno will be necessary to determine the outcome. FYI- BEGI new FMUs have a new design that eliminates the shim. POWERHOUSE has them in stock . . .

Thanks, Frank!! You mentioned using s PC3USB and Hub. Does the OEM map sensor use a 5V reference like most automotive applications?? If so,......why not wire it in the the factory harness? I know the voltage scale would change and I realize a custom map would be needed even for off boost operation. Can the old BEGI FMU be converted?? IF not,.......and I can't reach the necessary fuel requirements under boost without the FMU,......I'll touch base with you at that point in the game! Thanks again!!

Thanks, Frank!! You mentioned using s PC3USB and Hub. Does the OEM map sensor use a 5V reference like most automotive applications?? If so,......why not wire it in the the factory harness? I know the voltage scale would change and I realize a custom map would be needed even for off boost operation. Can the old BEGI FMU be converted?? IF not,.......and I can't reach the necessary fuel requirements under boost without the FMU,......I'll touch base with you at that point in the game! Thanks again!!

As far as I know, you still need the oem map sensor in its normal location, of course, with a check valve or voltage shunt wired in to prevent it from tripping the FI light. But yes, all of the bike's sensors use a 5V reference. And yes, the older BEGIs can be modified - I think they charge around $125 for that, but would have to check - don't hold me to that number.

As far as I know, you still need the oem map sensor in its normal location, of course, with a check valve or voltage shunt wired in to prevent it from tripping the FI light. But yes, all of the bike's sensors use a 5V reference. And yes, the older BEGIs can be modified - I think they charge around $125 for that, but would have to check - don't hold me to that number.

Hey Frank.......is the oem map a 3 wire sensor? (Does Suzuki call it an AP sensor?) 12V positive, ground, and 5V reference? If this is correct,......why would the check engine light come on? Also,.....I would think that the check valve (for boost blow off) would no longer be needed with the 3 bar sensor. Thanks again for your input!! :beerchug:

Probably worth your while changing to bigger than s2000 injectors , using a 02 ecu and rotor (plugs straight in on the 01) and flashing for your injector size change
Then use your boost responsive piggyback for mapping
PC hub, or 3 bar modified pc3r

I have fitted a few with 565cc denso injectors commonly used in Subaru's, the rail size is the same 11mm, tb's need the inner hole bored to 3/8 and the electrical connectors need changing
03012010.jpg

Probably worth your while changing to bigger than s2000 injectors , using a 02 ecu and rotor (plugs straight in on the 01) and flashing for your injector size change
Then use your boost responsive piggyback for mapping
PC hub, or 3 bar modified pc3r

I have fitted a few with 565cc denso injectors commonly used in Subaru's, the rail size is the same 11mm, tb's need the inner hole bored to 3/8 and the electrical connectors need changing
03012010.jpg

Hey Greg........thanks for the input. Did you increase fuel pressure under boost with the 565cc injectors?? At what boost level?

by the way i think the stock ecu wont be responsive to the 3 bar in its place but needs to leave the stock there and use the 3 bar with the hub
great responses so far though

by the way i think the stock ecu wont be responsive to the 3 bar in its place but needs to leave the stock there and use the 3 bar with the hub
great responses so far though

Hey Chris,.......I'm looking more towards a 2 bar sensor or Honda. The Honda is good to 11 lbs. of boost. I will NEVER exceed 10 lbs. Why would the stock ECU not respond? All maps work on a 5V scale. The voltage changes depending on vacuum or boost,........but still 0-5V. I feel that I can use the Power Commander to add or remove fuel to offset the voltage scale. Any thoughts? I know this is uncharted waters for the most part. Most are using ECU Editor for the later bikes. HEY,....I have an idea! Send me some MONEY to buy a new Busa,.....and I'll use ECU Editor!!:whistle:

Std ecu also uses the iap sensor for mapping below 11% throttle and tps for above and a combination of both for idle /low rpm and throttle position
download the Rom Raider program and use the xml and bin files available at the ecu hacking site and you will see a lot of what the std ecu does and how it does it, also on that site you will see what attempts have been made so far to get boost sensitive mapping on a std ecu

Hey Chris,.......I'm looking more towards a 2 bar sensor or Honda. The Honda is good to 11 lbs. of boost. I will NEVER exceed 10 lbs. Why would the stock ECU not respond? All maps work on a 5V scale. The voltage changes depending on vacuum or boost,........but still 0-5V. I feel that I can use the Power Commander to add or remove fuel to offset the voltage scale. Any thoughts? I know this is uncharted waters for the most part. Most are using ECU Editor for the later bikes. HEY,....I have an idea! Send me some MONEY to buy a new Busa,.....and I'll use ECU Editor!!:whistle:

You are right they use a 0-5 volt scale, but how will you tell the Suzuki ecu you have changed the sensor, the factroy ECU will still be referencing from its oem map table,

Richard

You are right they use a 0-5 volt scale, but how will you tell the Suzuki ecu you have changed the sensor, the factroy ECU will still be referencing from its oem map table,

Richard

What richard said...

At this point in time there is no way to adjust the scalar in the factory ecu to tell it if the voltage sweep is coming from a 3/2/1 bar sensor...

the 5 volt sweep in each sensor corresponds to totally different pressure readings...

This gives the factoy ecu "the brain pain" :banghead:

What richard said...

At this point in time there is no way to adjust the scalar in the factory ecu to tell it if the voltage sweep is coming from a 3/2/1 bar sensor...

the 5 volt sweep in each sensor corresponds to totally different pressure readings...

This gives the factoy ecu "the brain pain" :banghead:

Okay,.......I understand now. I found some old info showing the OEM map sensor voltage slope vs. a 1/2/3 bar sensor voltage slope. The starting and ending voltages are different too. Back to the drawing board. Sorry to waste your time, guys!! Thanks for the education!!

Back