2ND GEAR JERK-WITH A TWIST!

tiki240

Registered
OK i KNOW i have the 2nd gear jerking problem. its almost cost me a nasty wreck a few times.  I dropped it off at the dealership and OF COURSE they said they cant replicate it.  said he had two different mechanics ride it and they said it was doing everything it should do.  Im not calling them liars, im just saying that I KNOW shes jerking.  what do I do?? how do I get them to open her up and fix my tranny? I dont think that they wouldnt cover it under warranty, they are a good dealership.  im guessing maybe his mechanics arent heavy enough?? I weigh in at a healthy 250lbs and im thinking maybe a 180lb mechanic isnt putting enough strain on the bike.  PLEASE tell me what to do
sad.gif
ukliam3.gif

I recall you saying it jerks in 2nd at 9,000rpm ... that's well over 100mph. Even if you told the mechanics to gun it to that point, maybe they don't have the testicular fortitude to do it. Even if they do have it, I doubt the dealership is willing on risking an employee doing it just to find a problem. You just mentioned that issue almost caused you to wreck a few times ... so why would they put themselves in that situation?
rock.gif

Call around to different shops and see if maybe one is familiar with that issue and can fix it. If you doubt its covered under warranty chances are you're going to pay out of pocket anyway.

every busa that I have ever rode has a slight jerking (feels like the chain is skipping) at around 3k rpm or so in second gear.

my problem occours between 5,000 and 9,000. and it isnt a slight jerk. its violent. to the point where Id just as soon hang up my gear and not ride it if it were my only choice. I also said that I DO think they would warranty it because they are a good dealership. I just have to get them to see my problem. its dangerous. and I know for a fact it wont replicate itself on the dyno. you have to ride it. and yeah that means getting on it at around 50-60 and taking it to around 100 or so. there are so many of us with this problem, you would think suzuki would do something. i can understand saying one or two owners are poor riders. but saying that the majority of people who invested in the 06 limited arent good riders? yeah right.

Oops, I read that warranty thing wrong. Yet still, it gonna be next to impossible to get them to feel what you feel by actually doing it.

Back