2nd gear is bad on my 05LE

C_Henry

Registered
Mt 2nd gear is bad. Should i have the tranny undercut while I'm in there ? Also, does the warranty cover the gear thing ?

sombody will post up info < i too have the 05 le ate the tranny up in 5000 miles , i have nothing nice to say about my experirnce with the dealer or suzuki warranty ! basicaly i took mine in they tore it down labled it abuse , i fought with suzuki for three weeks and they offered me 400 dollars toward the 2200 dollar oem repair , i chose to go the undercut trans it was 1500? so good luck ! you can contact the motorhead at sh.org he has a shop in ohio he quoted me 1100 same day in and out ! for undercut tranny , this is who i would have do it if i had this info before the dealer had my bike in a million pieces ! it would have been a three day trip one day out one day fix one day back but i would have my bike i am still waiting it has been in the shop since july 5 th ! but this is just my opinion , it is also my opinion the busa s tranny cant handle the power ! and suzuki should be payin for this work ! oh yeah after my experience wqith the warranty i canceled my extended warranty and got my seven hundred dollars back ! when you get them on the phone ask what they cover they will give you some bullsh22 about backing thier bikes 100% " for manufactures defects only" all else is abuse or wear !
mad.gif

Before you take it in to the dealer, remove ALL evidence of drag racing. Lowering links, shifter, Shinko, anything that leads them to believe you have raced it. They will do whatever they can to not honor the warranty. If you can get it fixed under warranty, I wouldn't ask them to send it off to be backcut, but if you are picking up the tab, I say do it, it can't hurt.

C_Henry - I was afraid of that. If you scroll down through the posts to John's thread(s) about his tranny (exact same issue) you'll not see good news. Typically, by what I've read anyway on this board and others, Suzuki is not standing behind the owners on this issue. They're blaming the owners - saying it's the result of 'abuse'.

It's my opinion that it's just a crap tranny. Don't know if it's outsourced parts or what, but the '04 and '05 bikes seem to be the ones with the most occurrences. Some trannys are okay, some are crap. You seem to have lost the crap shoot...

Warranty will cover...Had mine replaced...If your gonna undercut just pay the difference...While their in you might want to install a heavy duty output shaft...I know your looking at more HP down the road...Are you cool with your dealer???

Did you do the test we recommended to determine that the gear was bad???

Before you take it in to the dealer, remove ALL evidence of drag racing. Lowering links, shifter, Shinko, anything that leads them to believe you have raced it. They will do whatever they can to not honor the warranty. If you can get it fixed under warranty, I wouldn't ask them to send it off to be backcut, but if you are picking up the tab, I say do it, it can't hurt.
Ditto!

Warranty will cover...Had mine replaced...If your gonna undercut just pay the difference...While their in you might want to install a heavy duty output shaft...I know your looking at more HP down the road...Are you cool with your dealer???
Yea, I'm cool with them. How much is that output shaft ?

Yea, I'm cool with them. How much is that output shaft ?
I think it was $150 over the stock price...shaft

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123102688 -->

Ok guys, they are not going to pay for this ####. My area rep said today it's probably a bent shift fork and I'm gonna have to eat it. #### like this makes me wished i had a RPG.
mad.gif

sombody will post up info < i too have the 05 le ate the tranny up in 5000 miles , i have nothing nice to say about my experirnce with the dealer or suzuki warranty ! basicaly i took mine in they tore it down labled it abuse , i fought with suzuki for three weeks and they offered me 400 dollars toward the 2200 dollar oem repair , i chose to go the undercut trans it was 1500? so good luck ! you can contact the motorhead at sh.org he has a shop in ohio he quoted me 1100 same day in and out ! for undercut tranny , this is who i would have do it if i had this info before the dealer had my bike in a million pieces ! it would have been a three day trip one day out one day fix one day back but i would have my bike i am still waiting it has been in the shop since july 5 th ! but this is just my opinion , it is also my opinion the busa s tranny cant handle the power ! and suzuki should be payin for this work ! oh yeah after my experience wqith the warranty i canceled my extended warranty and got my seven hundred dollars back ! when you get them on the phone ask what they cover they will give you some bullsh22 about backing thier bikes 100% " for manufactures defects only" all else is abuse or wear !
mad.gif
That's piss poor. I love my bike and have had good luck with it but after hearing everyone's stories about suzuki's great customer service, I would think hard about buying anything else from them.

Man I hate this for you...My bike had the tranny replaced with the boost on it so I guess your dealer wasn't as cool as you thought...I didn't take anything off...

Back