2nd cooling fan??

BUSA1

Registered
I did a search and did'nt really find anything but the mention of it. (auxilliary fans) Last summer my bike got hot (just touching the red) it was 100 degrees, full sun, stop and go traffic on new black asphalt. I got her movin'. But I did'nt want that to happen again, so I installed a Muzzy fan and Engine Ice. Last week in Daytona, stop and go traffic, red lights were coming on everywhere, mine did not. (halfway between "normal" and beginning of the red) However...
it was only 75 degrees. Does any one have any experience with and/or applications,part num's,switches ...?? It gets VERY hot and humid here in St. Louis.

Thanks!
Mike

Move the temp sensor (green plug) from the air box (seal that hole) to the left air ram tube and extend the wires.

Gets more reliable reading and turns on the fan sooner.  You could also remove the thermo temp sensor on the radiator itself and install the honda one.  It comes on at a much lower degree of temp.  So instead of waiting until for example the radiator to be 100 degrees before it turns on the fan it will come on at 60 degrees.  EXAMPLES but you get the idea. You can also put a switch across the fan to turn it on manually when your sitting for along time. Makes a major difference too.

mine 01, moved green sensor to ram air tube, engine ice.  AIR SEALS on air box to frame connection.  Never have a problem.  Even in myrtle stop and go 98 degree heat days.  Now the polished frames can fry eggs and steaks but motor no hot.

If you do a second fan you will need a gsxr750 fan and mount it upside down. Use a relay and feed off the stock fan or put a switch on the 2nd fan.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111448668 -->

Hey thanks ICE! I was beginning to think nobody was going to help me. I was thinking I would leave the stock fan and circuit alone, and add a second fan powered with a relay and switch mounted somewhere. I was also wanting a switch for my HID. A couple of times, I hit the key, my light would come on, and went I started the bike my light would go out. If I shut it off and tried again, the light stayed on. Oh well. I'll check into the gsxr fan. THANKS alot!
Another interesting thing for those thinking about HID...
Today I got caught out after the sun went down with only my sun glasses...with the HID, I can see better at night with my sunglasses (and HID) than I could before with no glasses and my stock lighting. COOL!

ICE, now let me get this straight what honda sensor, and would I need 2 for them both and both meaning Fans at once? Second want them both to come on at once as well. 3rd Engine ice nah... Try Purple Ice, much better BUT, what about 40 Below( 2 32 oz cans) and Distilled water Run till time to flush system, then run Purple Ice and Distilled water from then on 40 Below( http://www.ecklerscamaro.com/product....Q3N0V2C ) is a 1 shot, 1 time thing. As well as Purple Ice give better temp with only Distilled water. See here Figure D. http://www.royalmgi.com/purpleice.html. http://www.pro-blend.com/7.htm

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111458324 -->

I am doing the GXSR1K fan and GXSR750 fan on my ride to fit the intercooler for the turbo.

The GXSR1K fan is much thinner and is a left mount, the GXSR750 fan is a right mount.

THey should be here in a week or so... I will let you know how the install goes when I get there...
biggrin.gif

Nah, just put Budweiser in there. That way you can drink it if you get stranded somewhere ! Because we all know that Busaone and drew are alcoholics. "buuuurrrrrpppppp" !

Excellent! I think BUD LIGHT would be better. Gotta watch the horsepower to weight ratio.

I am doing the GXSR1K fan and GXSR750 fan on my ride to fit the intercooler for the turbo.

The GXSR1K fan is much thinner and is a left mount, the GXSR750 fan is a right mount.

THey should be here in a week or so... I will let you know how the install goes when I get there...
biggrin.gif
Cloud9--

Let me get this right. You're taking off the original busa fan replacing with a GXSR750 fan and then placing a GXSR1K fan on the left side.

Why are you changing the right fan for the 750 fan, is the 750 aluminum or just a better grade of plastic?

Also would you mine posting a "documentary" with some pics. I want to do this but am not very mechanically inclined.

Thanks

I take it as mounting a 2nd fan as in the GXR750 on opposite side of the stock Busa Fan. But me if I do it I would change out the stock fan blade to the MUZZY aluminum blades.

Back