2nd bike besides Goldwing....SV650 or Busa?

Your situation sounds like me about 2 years ago.  Had the 1800 wing, which forced me to replace the cruiser (became too boring) I had as a second bike with a Z1000 naked bike.  Got rid of the naked for the busa.  After the busa the wing had to go!  Now I have the GSXR1000 (05) as a mate for the busa.  My advice as being someone who has been where you are.......DO NOT GET THE BUSA!!!  That is unless you're willing to change your entire riding perspective in life.  BTW:  I'm 54 and getting younger every year thanks to the busa and Gixxer!!!
So now that you have the R1000 is your Busa starting to collect dust?
cool.gif

To the thread poster, id suggest selling both and getting the Busa.
smile.gif
I came off an SV650 to a Busa and was looking to gain a few things and I also expected to lose a few things.

I gained incredible amounts of power ( I am talking huge, night and day difference here, especially noticable over 80mph, the sheer grunt of the Busa is something that has to be experenced), I also gained a bike that is excellent for highway/touring use. Overall the Hayabusa has a way more refined feel about it compared to the SV650. It feels toyish incomparison to the Busa.

Now I expected to lose alot of flickability and a bike that is great for around town , frankly I feel like I lost nothing...the added weight of the Busa is not there as far as I am concerned. I can ride my Busa as hard as my SV650 in the corners. I am sure that if I raced myself id smoke my SV650 in the twisties with my Busa.

The Busa is truely a great all around motorcycle, and nobody can deny that its about the best looking sport bike that money can buy.
Its long , sleek, low look is unmatched...while most every other sport bike has gone to a digital dash , the Busa still has the cool all analog dash which I happen to love.

So now that you have the R1000 is your Busa starting to collect dust?  
cool.gif
Just the opposite. I find that I have to balance out the riding or I will be broke from putting tires on these beasts! LOL Seriously to the original poster, the busa is an awesome machine. I believe everyone should experience one before retiring from two wheels. It truly is more than the sum of its parts!! If you are planning to get another bike as just a commuter then the there are better alternatives. The busa is too great a bike to relegate to commuter status only.

Appreciate all the feedback. A few things:

1)Longer ride comfort-I rode a cbr1100xx for 6 months as my only bike. And maybe it's my body or I didn't give it enough time but my shoulders and neck would be in agony after an hour or 2 on the bike. And my elbows were always bent, wrists never hurt....and I had helibars. And all I ever heard from XX owners was how they could ride it for hours and how comfortable it was....it was never that way for me.

No, it's not a Busa but sitting on the Busa....I don't see myself being able to ride for hours in comfort.....that's just me. That's why I thought of the Busa as a commuter/shorter highway rides (like my XX was) more than say going on a group ride for 150 miles +.....which is also why I don't think it could be my only bike.

2)Speed-Speed is fun for sure but I find myself really enjoying the ride on my Wing just going 75-80mph. Used to fly by the world on my XX but I get tons of enjoyment riding at sane speeds on the Wing.....I just enjoy the ride that I don't feel the need to rush thru it like I did on my XX. Sure I'll occasionally blast up to 100 or so but beyond that I don't feel the need....not to mention going to jail. I'm not ready to give up my Wing. Even if I never rode 2 up, I simply love the bike....the way it handles, the overall feel, the endless miles I can ride on it in absolute comfort.....I dunno....I just love riding it.

3)SV-Since I know I want to keep my Wing as my highway and weekend extended ride bike...(unlike Sweeper.....I'm not at the age yet for a midlife crisis...just kidding, Sweeper
smile.gif
)....the Busa WOULD be an alternate bike...especially for commuting. Maybe I'm better off with the SV for now, which servers me well on the commute and on the back roads. I know the Busa can blow it away.....so could my XX.....but it's still fun hitting 9K rpm and still being at a somewhat sane speed.

The Busa is a sexy beast for sure and an incredible machine I think one day I'll get one but I'll see how the SV works out for a while first.....unless I go into one of my impulsive episodes and just buy one.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hey Bentvalve,
I think you had the same exhaust as I do on my SV....I have an M4 full stainless....sounds great.

Yeah the M4 is great!  
The Busa makes a totally different sound than the SV (duh!) but seriously its nice because I got tired of the SVs sound, the Busa makes this whirring almost tornado like sound when you open it up on the freeway..its pretty scary.
biggrin.gif

But that being said, it really does look like the SV650 is the bike for you, id think youd be wasiting your money on a Busa if your not one who likes to go over 100 because it begs to be driven fast.   @ 100 mph its litterally just loafing along...kind of like the SV is just loafing along @ 40 mph.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115454432 -->

id think youd be wasiting your money on a Busa if your not one who likes to go over 100 because it begs to be driven fast.   @ 100 mph its litterally just loafing along...kind of like the SV is just loafing along @ 40 mph.
smile.gif
Exactly.....I have no urge to ride above triple digits....been there, done that. If anything the constant stress of losing my license looming over my head, I don't need. I ride the SV at 75-85 with the occasional 90+ blast.....maybe I'm nuts but that's all I feel I need right now.

Back