$28,000 for 228hp Kawasaki H2 (2019)

The prices on those things are insane. No way in hell I would pay $28K for a bike. I won't pay that for a Harley new. Bikes sweet spot is from $10k-$15k max for most people as it isn't the main for of transport for most.

Have to think about the power. If they are claiming factory 228, then with a pipe and tune, what 250? Still way too expensive for that as you can get the same power from a used bike with a stage 1 turbo for a quarter that price.

Hell even a new 2018 with a stage one is going to be less than $20k

What’s the HP to the tire? Bike is cool they are really nailing the technology with controlling things through your phone. And I didn’t see a price on this article. Might be more than 28.

It is amazing how Kawasaki keeps making update after update. And Suzuki takes 10 years.

The prices on those things are insane. No way in hell I would pay $28K for a bike. I won't pay that for a Harley new. Bikes sweet spot is from $10k-$15k max for most people as it isn't the main for of transport for most.

Have to think about the power. If they are claiming factory 228, then with a pipe and tune, what 250? Still way too expensive for that as you can get the same power from a used bike with a stage 1 turbo for a quarter that price.

Hell even a new 2018 with a stage one is going to be less than $20k

$28K is not a lot for this bike. I have seen HD's in the middle $30K's and some near $40K! The KTM 1290 Super Duke GT is middle $20's too. This bike isn't for a mass market audience obviously but it's actually pretty affordable for what they have to offer. My BMW was this much, and I will be honest if these things don't detonate after a year or so it might be a better bike in many respects. These bikes are not transportation they are toys. Like a boat or a hot sports car.

If Suzuki wants to compete with a GEN 3 Busa it's going to have to be in the low to mid $20's at least. That might actually be what's holding things up - Suzuki doesn't think it's fans will pay for a bike that expensive.

$28K is not a lot for this bike. I have seen HD's in the middle $30K's and some near $40K! The KTM 1290 Super Duke GT is middle $20's too. This bike isn't for a mass market audience obviously but it's actually pretty affordable for what they have to offer. My BMW was this much, and I will be honest if these things don't detonate after a year or so it might be a better bike in many respects. These bikes are not transportation they are toys. Like a boat or a hot sports car.

If Suzuki wants to compete with a GEN 3 Busa it's going to have to be in the low to mid $20's at least. That might actually be what's holding things up - Suzuki doesn't think it's fans will pay for a bike that expensive.
the h2s that have had issues the most are the ones that "reflash the ecu to raise the rev limiter" WHICH produces more boost from the blower..... its only a 1000cc bike with less than 100 ftlbs of torque...…...… if ure a person who loves grunt down low... this bike isn't for u.

Almost any boat is going to run you $30K. By the time you get a trailer, equipment, etc. Don't even mention a truck to pull it. A nice sports car is $40K and up from there. A Corvette is $60K+! I'm not justifying the price but it isn't that out of line if you are committed to the hobby. I know guys who have 5-6 $4K to $10K bikes and they think spending $28K on a single bike is a lot of money? I just think for a middle class person who watches their money, if this is what they wanted to spend their fun money on instead of huge vacations, cars & pools it's not that much. I base that on the fact that there is a HD in nearly every garage in my middle-class neighborhood. Everyone also has a pretty new F-150 long bed 5-seater too, except me!

PS: I get people not wanting to spend that much or making a car payment on their bike. If you feel that way you can't go wrong with a used Busa. There are a lot of options. Also, traveling on a Bike is very cheap and this country is full of places a bike makes even more special.

Almost any boat is going to run you $30K. By the time you get a trailer, equipment, etc. Don't even mention a truck to pull it. A nice sports car is $40K and up from there. A Corvette is $60K+! I'm not justifying the price but it isn't that out of line if you are committed to the hobby. I know guys who have 5-6 $4K to $10K bikes and they think spending $28K on a single bike is a lot of money? I just think for a middle class person who watches their money, if this is what they wanted to spend their fun money on instead of huge vacations, cars & pools it's not that much. I base that on the fact that there is a HD in nearly every garage in my middle-class neighborhood. Everyone also has a pretty new F-150 long bed 5-seater too, except me!

I can confirm, if the garage doors are up....Harley in like 3 out of 5 garages in what I would consider a middle-class neighborhood.

PS: I get people not wanting to spend that much or making a car payment on their bike. If you feel that way you can't go wrong with a used Busa. There are a lot of options. Also, traveling on a Bike is very cheap and this country is full of places a bike makes even more special.
I agree.. and if one starts heavily modifying a bike... the prices of things take ure breath away.... on a side note... the price point also keeps these things out of the hands of squids for awhile......…….. EVERYTHING is getting expensive... u should see my damn tax bill for a small condo in NY...… In closing I wanna say if anyone is considering this bike for the 228 hp... I IMPLORE u to have a conversation with one of the sponsors about going turbo on the busa…. NOBODY complains about a quality turbo system installed by a pro.....

Last edited:

arch... my dream is a condo overlooking the gulf of mexico… with a 30 or 40 foot BAJA outlaw boat with twin screws on a lift outside said condo..... 280000 new... mine will be used... lol
img5865.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple friends that have h2s. One is flash and slip on. The other is carbon fiber everything, stage 2 gears, intercooler, exhaust, filter and tuned ecu. Made 290 on pump gas. He's just finished it and sounds like he's going to sell it.

Back