$25 budget lowering front end

SuperNova

Registered
Well, if you saw my last post about lowering the front end and wondered what i did....Well here it is....
Supplies:
4 - 4in bolts from Lowes
4 - 1 3/4in or 2in Nuts with 1/2 in thread, from Lowes - Used as spacers
4 - lock nuts to fit bolts from Lowes

This was a very simple mod and made a huge difference.  Once you have the triple clamp back in place, (NOTE: do not tighten clamp completely, just snug), loosten the bolts that hold the tree in place.  Once you do this the tree will slide up into the clamp.  Sit the bike upright and push down on front end to assure that it seated into clamp.  Now tighten the clamp securely.  Then tighten the bolts on the tree back up.....In some cases you may need to get longer brake lines and throttle cable.  Most cases shouldn't need it.... here is a pic to give you an example.  Please feel free to ask me any questions....

lowermod003.jpg

lowermod004.jpg

i just did the same thing this weekend. worked out good.
i used steel spacers. like the nuts just smoth round:cool:

Nobody minds how it looks?
rock.gif

Not being shiddy, but really?

when it is on the bike you dont notice it i used the round ones.

yes  i put mine back on. at lowes there all sizes from 3/4 - 2"

sorry for jackin your thread.

<!--EDIT|ranman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156291171 -->

Ok i got the top clamp on ebay for $27.95 shipped to my door.....Hell of a deal for carbon fiber look clamp.....

get the spacers and all hardware painted black and it should not look that bad. Right now..it does not have the eye appeal.

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156350205 -->

i dont giva fug how it looks-after I get rims n new plastics, $25 is all i can afford for lowering the front!
tounge.gif

hey SuperNova-do you remember who makes the cover? if you have any contact info for that triple cover Id appreciate it!
smile.gif

If you're lucky enough to have access to a lathe, make yer own!

I made some 1 3/16 risers..........
I didn't lower the front so I also fabbed some fork covers to fill the gap between the top of the fork and the bottom of the tree.
cool.gif

DSC00597.JPG

If you're lucky enough to have access to a lathe, make yer own!

I made some 1 3/16 risers..........
I didn't lower the front so I also fabbed some fork covers to fill the gap between the top of the fork and the bottom of the tree.
cool.gif
That looks much better. I think I'm going to go with the Cycle Cats set up though.

I got reapers risers for about $30 . I like your cover too! its not to good of a pic of the risers but you know what they are . I painted them red also.

df.JPG

Back