240 vs 300 rear pics

drew breezy

Registered
does anyone have a pic of side by side comparison between a 240 vs 300 tire? im trying to see which one I prefer? also, does anyone have pros & cons of each...like jackshafts, additional chains, offset issues, etc.?

i know this topic has been brought up before and i have done many searches on the site, so i don't want to beat a dead hor

Well with a 240 handling won't be to bad. I didn't notice a difference. The 300 and 330 is pretty much the same thing and it does not turn as easy as the 240. If you want a tire bigger then 240 get the 330 with OSD so you don't have to worry about the crapshafts.

I had the 240, If I had to do it all over again I would go with the 330 OSD.

Thanks. I dont think i want to mess with any jackstaff or anything like that. Usually I go with the motto "bigger is better". A 330 is sweet looking but in this case and with my riding style a 240 is more my style

drew breezy said:
Thanks. I dont think i want to mess with any jackstaff or anything like that. Usually I go with the motto "bigger is better". A 330 is sweet looking but in this case and with my riding style a 240 is more my style

You can get the osd kit and not have the jack shafts.

240 is the biggest sport tire you can get though

does anyone know what companys i should be looking at to get my 240 or 300 swingarm...there is so many out there with so many price ranges.

Go to BallZ.Talk with Josh, good guy and knows his stuff.I went with a 240 on mine because I still wanted good handling and the look of a bigger tire in the back.No jackshaft and my rear is barely offset since BallZ set these up so nicely.Roaring toyz would be my next choice but Josh as ballZ has taken good care of me so far so I am staying with them for my custom parts.

Had a 300 w/crapshaft hated the handling and the fact that i lost app. 30hpthough the crapshaft(acc.to the dyno),but liked the beefier looking rear endw the 4"ext. so i went with a 240 pirelli(very sticky).Good to go

Back