24 volt system

greedybusa

Registered
I now this has been disgust before and beat to death but I didnt see what I need. Iv got it set up like schnitz set up but im get 24v all the time and have to charge second battery.i now theres away to do this without spendind a bunch of money dont have the money to get one of the nice setups. Does anyone have there bike set up this way.

I have a spare kit at my house that i bought for a customer, but he never came back.
Ill sell it for $100, plus shipping.

I have a spare kit at my house that i bought for a customer, but he never came back.
Ill sell it for $100, plus shipping.

Don't you just hate that??

I quit buying stuff a few years back for folks that don't pay upfront. If they find it $5 cheaper down the road that's where they will buy it and leave you stuck.

I bought from Guy,at Tiger Racing for $129 , plus shipping.
And yes it does suck when you get stuck with something, but now, all parts need to be paid for up front!
Don't you just hate that??

I quit buying stuff a few years back for folks that don't pay upfront. If they find it $5 cheaper down the road that's where they will buy it and leave you stuck.

Oh sorry for the thread jack here, but back to the topic, the kit works great!

I have a 24v starting system, I can run you through how it works.
basically you have two batteries that while the bike is running run in parallel and the main battery charges the second battery.. now the relay system that im using switches the voltage from parallel to series when you pull the clutch in and engage the starter button.

24vstart-1.jpg

both 87a leads should be at least 12 Gauge wire and yes the ground is fused
85 and 86 leads can be 14 gauge
87 and 30 should be 8 gauge wire with heavy duty female blade connectors
remember to shrink wrap everything.

or just buy it here
Wiring Harness, Secondary Battery, Automatic, Suzuki Hayabusa@

I know this is a old topic. I tried to wire up my Hayabusa like in the picture above. Nothing happens when I turn on the ignition. I tried 4 different relays. Is the drawing in "inlineR" post correct??

Why is everyone so dam insistent on complicating this
Put the second battery in line of the starter cable and charge the thing every two months
WAY LESS complicated and things to fail

This! I did mine this way, and every once in a while I plug in the extra battery and never have any issues.

Why is everyone so dam insistent on complicating this
Put the second battery in line of the starter cable and charge the thing every two months
WAY LESS complicated and things to fail

Because I am an electrical numpty I have to agree. Could you please put up a simple wiring diagram for your method. I don't mind plugging in a charger once in a while.

Just to update I have mounted the second battery in the rear of the tail with very little effort, the bonus is that the positive lead from the starter relay to the starter can be re routed to connect with the neg on the second battery with ese as its just the right length, I have measured and ordered a new pos lead to go from the second Battery to the starter. All looking good.

Just to update I have mounted the second battery in the rear of the tail with very little effort, the bonus is that the positive lead from the starter relay to the starter can be re routed to connect with the neg on the second battery with ese as its just the right length, I have measured and ordered a new pos lead to go from the second Battery to the starter. All looking good.

Went big bore, discovered I needed to know all about this :p Thanks for posting!

For anyone searching, this thread is all you need. The cable trick works perfectly too. The 24v starter wiring posted above, do it. Just wire it like the picture. Buy a cheap battery, throw it in the tail. Then charge it up every once in a while.

I run a Gen 1 with 1397 and this fixed the hot start issues. Starts right up no problem. :thumbsup: All day long without any issues.

Side note, the Main battery is also holding a charge much better as it has some backup at startup from the 2nd battery, which makes sense. The Main is not taking such a hit from the starting voltage drop and our weak recharging system doesnt need to do as much to top off the charge.

Simple fix, do it. i would have done this to my stock bike had i known it was the battey killing bike it can be for some of us. Keep your batteries charged and go 24v. You wont regret it. Pack a tender for long road trips across the world if needed :)

Back