24,000mi This Year

snbusa

Registered
Curiously how many miles have you put on your bike this year? I just couldn't get enough of my bike and might make 25,000 miles this year from September 30 2012 till today. Of course it was my first year and my use of the bike is starting to tail off but I'm going turbo in the cold dark month of February and that might cause renewed enthusiasm. I rode all through the winter and didn't miss many days even down to 18 degrees with heated gear. I'm wondering what most members put on their bikes in a year?

Congrats. I am wondering if you turbo it will you ride ir as much? Glad you are enjoying it. Congrats again

I don't ride like I use to. Put 36K on my '06 in 18 months, and have only managed 44K on my '08 in the past 5 years.

I did 60000 (meters) this year, but not quite 25000 miles. That is a good amount on a busa for one season!

How many rear tires?

BB

i still average about 10,000 miles/yr after 8 years :beerchug:

Busabim,
It seems to me I've been getting 5k per tire which would make it five tires. I know that's pretty high mileage per tire (Dunlap Q2). I ride moderately to aggressively until I get to my favorite isolated spot and then I go hard in the corners...as hard as I can go, but the hard cornering is only about 5% or less of my riding. There's very little edge or chicken strip on my tires. I've never been to the track.

Mr 8ball,
I doubt I'll be riding as much in the future because I dumped it one week after I got it and I decided I was going to learn how to ride it or sell. I did have it up for sale for a week or so but several members talked me out of it. I read a lot about how to ride in Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist II and put the miles in. I can't tell you how much I loved those miles and all that riding. I'm very excited about getting the turbo and I'm going to have to relearn how to handle a bike that powerful.

I used to do about 6-8k a year including a few track days, but this year - probably a measly 3k due to various circumstances.

I put about 12000 on this year. My friends that I used to ride with all got rid of their bikes, or there woulda been more.

Back