24,000 Miles/Miscellaneous Update

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, here I am...significantly slowed down in racking mileage on Wasabi, my beloved Gen2.

For nearly two months, I was putting on 1,000 miles/week, but since the 'busy season' for the pet industry is upon us, I've been traveling a little more...definitely gouging my saddle-time. Grrr.

Here's a pic of the Odo after arriving at work, this morning.

There is at least one other board member that I know of, Warchild, who has more miles on his Gen2 than I do...seems like two/three weeks ago, he had 25,000 miles...and gawd only knows how many more he's racked up since. Another high-mileage member, Rich (BA Busa), who is a serious asphalt-ho, probably has well over 20k, too...He's never mentioned it, but everyone here knows what a saddle s!ut that guy is! Cheers to you both.

:beerchug:

24kMi-Odometer.gif

Additional forthcoming mods include:

• Competition Werkes Smoked Front Signals (due here within the week)
  • Hot Bodies Racing Rear Tire Hugger (end of the month)
  • Hot Bodies Racing Smoked Tail Light and Rear Directionals (end of the month)
  • Hot Bodies Racing Oversized Ram Air Scoops w/Integrated Smoked Front Signals (end of the month)
All of the items listed above are being provided by the manufacturer so I can write a review on them for Rider's Review magazine, as well as for my brothers/sisters on the .oRg. I'm going to review the Competition Werkes front signals first, then when the Hot Bodies Racing schwag comes in, I'll replace the CW ones with the HB, review them, then either leave the HB kit on or put the CW back on...depending of course, on which I prefer.

Please stand by! :moon:

:whistle:

Last edited:
I wish I could ride that much and with your skill, brotha! Be very interested in your reviews because I'm looking at some of the same items. :whistle:

I wish I could ride that much and with your skill, brotha! Be very interested in your reviews because I'm looking at some of the same items. :whistle:

Hey, cool...thanks for the compliment. I'm really eager to see how this stuff looks, performs, and other build and fitment perspectives.

Well, here I am...significantly slowed down in racking mileage on Wasabi, my beloved Gen2.

For nearly two months, I was putting on 1,000 miles/week, but since the 'busy season' for the pet industry is upon us, I've been traveling a little more...definitely gouging my saddle-time. Grrr.

Here's a pic of the Odo after arriving at work, this morning.

There is at least one other board member that I know of, Warchild, who has more miles on his Gen2 than I do...seems like two/three weeks ago, he had 25,000 miles...and gawd only knows how many more he's racked up since. Another high-mileage member, Rich (BA Busa), who is a serious asphalt-ho, probably has well over 20k, too...He's never mentioned it, but everyone here knows what a saddle s!ut that guy is! Cheers to you both.

I am no where near the "saddle ****" that you are :rofl:

I did do about 8,000 miles in two trips over a three week period, but the
'08 only has about 10K on it right now. Thanks for the props Bro :thumbsup:

I am no where near the "saddle ****" that you are :rofl:

I did do about 8,000 miles in two trips over a three week period, but the
'08 only has about 10K on it right now. Thanks for the props Bro :thumbsup:

Big love from down south... :whistle:

There is at least one other board member that I know of, Warchild, who has more miles on his Gen2 than I do...seems like two/three weeks ago, he had 25,000 miles...and gawd only knows how many more he's racked up since.

Sadly, as you can see below, I have had to slow down myself these past few weeks..... :banghead:

Though truthfully, the only real reason I've backed off some it that I am on my last set of Avon Storms.... I need to order up. Again.

28146miles.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about. Seems to me that Cycle Gear bought out Pirelli's entire stock of recently discontinued Corsa's (not the Corsa 3, mind you).

They're selling them for $180/set. Of course you won't get nearly the mileage out of them that you would from the Avon's nor the Road 2's, but...dayum if they're not reasonably priced!

Congrats, Rich & Warchild. Spectacular riding on the world's best superbike. :beerchug:

Last edited:
You guys are kicking butt . I just turned 41k on my 04. But thats not fun riding its mostly commuting.

Seems to me that Cycle Gear bought out Pirelli's entire stock of recently discontinued Corsa's (not the Corsa 3, mind you).

They're selling them for $180/set. Of course you won't get nearly the mileage out of them that you would from the Avon's nor the Road 2's, but...dayum if they're not reasonably priced!

I appear to be too late.... that look to be sold out of the older Corsa, and only show the Corsa 3 now... :banghead:

I appear to be too late.... that look to be sold out of the older Corsa, and only show the Corsa 3 now... :banghead:

Dude...there are STACKS of them at the CG outlet center here in SD. Want me to interface for you?

I am still in awe... I was thinking that my 4k in 2 months was going good... aparently I need to speed up

I am still in awe... I was thinking that my 4k in 2 months was going good... aparently I need to speed up

Well, we all know that 'speeding up' should at all be a problem. :laugh:

A few trips to SoCal, Mr. Carman, and you'll be in the Flyin' High Mileage Club, too, bro.

Starting......NOW!!! BTW: The guest room is prepared for you and Sarah... :moon:

Oh ya, Well if you guy's get the trophy for the MOST.......What i get ??? :laugh: (being a MR. MOM Sux sometimes) Good job fella's :drooling3:

101_0250.jpg

Phil: Is that 141 miles at 3:00 or is is 300 miles at 1:41?

:poke:

:whistle:

Gotta love a 'fresh' busa, though, dawg.

Back