220 MPH gauges?

Houston_Rider

Registered
I want 220 gauges, not the 180's on my 2003.

Are they just replacement faces, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks in advance,

2003_Suzuki_Hayabusa_010web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey HR,

If you do that, then I would suggest getting a set of custom ones. There is a guy on this site who makes them. His board name is "Rhythm." Check the 'Merchandise' or 'Modifications' topics to get in touch with him. I changed mine while SpeedHut was doing their special for us. Cost me $127 which included shipping. Hope this helps.

Brian

so which is it?

replace the faces, or replace the gauges? what did you do for $127? send yours in? get replacement faces? I'm kinda looking for the whole enchilada on the answer...

thanks!

You can't just replace the faces. The 185 gage would still mark speed the same but the 220 face has smaller increments. So your gage may indicate 220 but you'd only be going 185. Hope this helps, sorry but I don't know where you'd get a whole new gage.
Luke

You could replace the faces and then get the yellow box like I did and recalibrate it.  Here is the link to mine I got them from speedhut.com

so which is it?

replace the faces, or replace the gauges? what did you do for $127? send yours in? get replacement faces? I'm kinda looking for the whole enchilada on the answer...

thanks!
The faces are just layovers. You don't have to do anything. You could go with either Rhythm or Speedhut guages. You don't even have to pull the old ones off...just the stop pins. Real easy to do. Then you can do just like Rich says and use a Yellow Box and a GPS to calibrate the speedo. I ordered a yellow box from this guy named Charles at Steet & Track for $70 a couple weeks ago. He may still have the special going on. Just have to call Street & Track and ask for Charles. Usually a Yellow Box is closer to $100 at most other places. Even the producer (Black Robotics) sell them directly from their website for $90. After you pay the shipping costs, it will be a lot closer to $100. If you want contact info, just PM me and I'll get the info for ya. Always glad to help when I can.

Brian

The best way is to go on eBay or 2wf.com and find someone selling a gauge cluster for a '99 Busa...the only year that had the 220 speedo. Any other way and you're risking accuracy.

Back