220 mph gauge cluster

missilelike

Donating Member
Registered
what problems will I run into, when installing a 220 mph speedo on my 2003 hayabusa? What will I have to do to make it work correctly?

where can i get it i want one 2 or how bout a 240mph lol

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136257016 -->

No need to swap the whole cluster, you can swap the face plates on the speedo. Or get the aftermarket indigo ones.

mine i had done as reverse indiglow looks sweet at night,and does the job well
biggrin.gif

thank you america
wink.gif

You only need the healer if you are putting 220 gauge faces on your 180 cluster. If you are using an complete 220 cluster off of an older bike, just plug and play.

Dang Cecil,that shid looks GOOD! Almost as good as this.....LOL!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

FPandBoost.jpg

laugh.gif

If I'm correct, it throws the odometer off and theres nothing you can do about that. Right?

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136347156 -->

If I'm correct, it throws the odometer off and thiers nothing you can do about that. Right?
Ok. If you do not swap out the cluster and just do the face plate, your speedometer will be off. With the stock error + the difference between the 185 and 220 scales on the face, I'm reading 20% fast, i.e. 80 MPH indicated is 64 on radar.

On the Busa, the speed sensor signal is calculated separately for the speedo and the odo. So, if you correct the speedometer error, you will accumulate mileage on the odo 20% faster than actual, i.e. 1000 miles actual would show 1200 miles on the odo. While that would help in the milage challenge, I don't want to show that many miles more than I've actually clocked.

If I'm correct, it throws the odometer off and thiers nothing you can do about that. Right?
Ok. If you do not swap out the cluster and just do the face plate, your speedometer will be off. With the stock error + the difference between the 185 and 220 scales on the face, I'm reading 20% fast, i.e. 80 MPH indicated is 64 on radar.

On the Busa, the speed sensor signal is calculated separately for the speedo and the odo. So, if you correct the speedometer error, you will accumulate mileage on the odo 20% faster than actual, i.e. 1000 miles actual would show 1200 miles on the odo. While that would help in the milage challenge, I don't want to show that many miles more than I've actually clocked.
Thanks D.

If the odometer is run seperate why wouldn't it read the correct mileage. Is it linked to the speedo in anyway? I would think that if they are seperate then the speedo calibration would not change the mileage. I know I am wrong I am just trying to find out why. Just posted a similar question on the other thread like this. I just saw this post.

Back