220/240/360 Tire Mod

zantamoray

Registered
Any of you guys have a fat tire on your Busa? I kind of dig the look. If you do, how does it affect performance? (handling, gas mileage, cornering, whatever) I don't exactly have $6k to drop on a 360 kit, but I am kind of curious. Thanks! :whistle:

im wanting to get a 300 or 330 kit for mine, but i just cant afford it right now.....good luck....:thumbsup:

Any of you guys have a fat tire on your Busa? I kind of dig the look. If you do, how does it affect performance? (handling, gas mileage, cornering, whatever) I don't exactly have $6k to drop on a 360 kit, but I am kind of curious. Thanks! :whistle:

My gen II has a 240 on it. I like the look and the minimal effect it has on handling is okay with me. I don't do track or twisties so I have no complaints. Mileage is about the same if there is a difference I haven't noticed it.

here's my 300 OSD with single sided arm.. I dont do twisties or track.. didnt really notice gas miles but then again I dont keep track of that stuff.. I just fill up whenever it hits empty..

busa15.jpg

here's my 300 OSD with single sided arm.. I dont do twisties or track.. didnt really notice gas miles but then again I dont keep track of that stuff.. I just fill up whenever it hits empty..

Holy Cow, that's a beauty! Does it have a rear brake?

Holy Cow, that's a beauty! Does it have a rear brake?

yes it does have a stainless steel braided line rear brake.. the brake line is rain from back to front through the swingarm so you cant see it.. check out the close up shot of the rear wheel while it was being built.. you can see the custom rotor..

busa1.JPG

yes it does have a stainless steel braided line rear brake.. the brake line is rain from back to front through the swingarm so you cant see it.. check out the close up shot of the rear wheel while it was being built.. you can see the custom rotor..

Awesome Look!!!

do u have rear pics of the 240 kit on your busa and did you have to do any grinding on the frame?

All the kits I've seen, less one, needed some frame clearancing. As for the kit that didn't, I'm not sure what he did to clear the frame and not have a larger than typical offset to the right. Use a carbide burr and mini air grinder to do the frame, its really the only thing that works. You'll be there for days if you use a grinder or dremal, ask me how I know. :laugh:

I uses a carbide burr and it was like cutting butter.i only needed to grind the paint and maybe 2-4 mm off the frame if that much. I have the RT kit and it was so simple to install.

Back