22 mpg sucks

Valingt

Registered
so no matter how i ride i get 22mpg and dont know what to do. im running a 17t and a 43t. other then that it only has exhaust done. im trying to figure out what i can do to make that number come up.

26 sounds awfully low. You do realize you are running maybe 600-700 rpm faster to do normal highway speeds with the 17 T front? I believe stock is 18/43. You would bring that up into the 30s if you went stock. Should be about 40, shouldn't it?

You sure there is no fuel adjustments made? Flash or fuel module?

Yeah you have other issues Bud, I went on a mixed ride of 50 miles or a bit more and topped my tank off and just put a little over 1.25 gallons in it and it wasn't topped BEFORE the ride.
What plugs and condition are you running?
Was it tuned for the pipe (assuming 4 into 1) or maybe too lean passing raw fuel out the exhaust?
Dirty air filter making it run rich?
Other questions arise but we need more info on your Busa.

A few things to consider . Tire pressure , and how big are you ? My brother , and I have exact same set ups 2014 bird / 2015 bird . I'm 5' 1" @ 142 pounds while he is 6' 2" @ 260 pounds . I always manage 3 to 4 mpg better than him when we ride . So are you a Giant person ?

ok so yes 4-1, im 6'4" tall and 300lbs. plugs are new and stock air filter looked clean, tires are running good psi, dont know if the computer is redone i changed it with one that came off of a stock bike seems to be the same mpg.

I have stock gen 1 and my average is 25mpg, perhaps 2-4mpg to low, but for me quite acceptable.

I have stock gen 1 and my average is 25mpg, perhaps 2-4mpg to low, but for me quite acceptable.

My 06 has stock gearing and in normal riding I get 35+. Normal riding for me is a cruising speed around 95 mph with a few runs into triple digits. Riding around Yellowstone NP one day @ 35 mph or so I got mid 40s. If I’m really honking it I still get above 30 mpg. 25 mpg or less means the bike needs some tuning.

Something wrong, I use to get 52mpg riding two persons before they started screwing with our gas ethanol content. Now it's around 48.

Reactions: c10
Something wrong, I use to get 52mpg riding two persons before they started screwing with our gas ethanol content. Now it's around 48.
Yes not as much energy in alcohol and it's even worse when the gas part is in winter mode. It's a bit more but I run Boat/Classic car alcohol free gas in mine mainly cause I have to park it for weeks at a time when I go out of state and it is more stable.

im running -1+2 with a 190/55 tire, 4-1 exhaust, pair mod and only get 36mpg at best! even with only the -1 the mileage does not change. Thinking about going back to stock tire size and gearing

Going from a 50 to a 55 series tire is like taking away roughly 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

That’s what I thought. Several CBX riders reduce the teeth on the rear sprocket to lower the revs at highway speeds but they lose most of the grunt the stock gearing gives the bike. I like the grunt and although I’ve switched from the OEM 630 chain to a 530 I retained the OEM gearing. At 70 mph I’m spinning 5k which is still only half the motor. Funny, at 5k on the Busa I’m running 95 mph.:D

Back