214 mph wheelie

I've actually got a photo somewhere of Tofas2C crossing the finish line at Maxton at 202mph with the front tire off the ground...about 2 inches :laugh:

We still don't know exactly what launched it, but it's a fairly bumpy track~!~

I've seen these videos before, and I'm still skeptical. It takes alot to go that fast in general, let alone pulling the front up, or riding it up to that speed. Seems like the speed would help your wheel come up if you had enough power, but the aerodynamics of a wheelied bike would slow you down some??? The actual speed is really hard to judge watching the video too, the 180 pass looks about the same as the 214mph one.
I've had mine close to 150mph(by the speedo which we all know isn't correct) and I can tell everyone firsthand, that is ALOT of wind on you and the bike.
I'de like some more info... because I'de love to try it.:beerchug:

I've seen these videos before, and I'm still skeptical. It takes alot to go that fast in general, let alone pulling the front up, or riding it up to that speed. Seems like the speed would help your wheel come up if you had enough power, but the aerodynamics of a wheelied bike would slow you down some??? The actual speed is really hard to judge watching the video too, the 180 pass looks about the same as the 214mph one.
I've had mine close to 150mph(by the speedo which we all know isn't correct) and I can tell everyone firsthand, that is ALOT of wind on you and the bike.
I'de like some more info... because I'de love to try it.:beerchug:

Oh, the 150(probably more like 130mph) is one wheel too...no way I'de quit at that speed on two:laugh:

I've seen this too. They do have alot of runway to build up speed, and turbos to get them there. Regardless, 215 to 220mph is NO small feat, especially without fairings, and then having your aerodynamics shot with the wheel up.
There's plenty of folks more skilled than me, but knowing what I do, I still remain skeptical. There are several ways to guage speed also. This video is more beliveable as the wheelies aren't as high or as long, as well as being much slower. Then again, technology and skills have progressed quite a bit since then. As I said, I'de love to try, and would definately love to see it. I'm a skeptic for one reason, I just can't one thing out of my head...everybody and their brother that ever rode a 600 has been 200mph:laugh:

Back