210 Tire

BusaGene

Registered
Has anyone put the metzler 210/50-17 tire on a Busa yet?
rock.gif
If so How much bigger compared to stock 190 tire.

If you keep the chain tight and with a small body grinder lightly scuff off a lttle of the lip of the tire where its closest to the chain. I was going to do this mod but i already had 200 but didn,t besides bike handled better with the 190

Just put training wheels on you Busa if you need anything that wide to keep it upright!!
eek2.gif

I went to the 180 Metzler M3 and I will never go back! The bike hangs the curves so much better and the handling is great!

(BusaGene @ Feb. 21 2007,16:30) Has anyone put the metzler 210/50-17 tire on a Busa yet?
rock.gif
 If so How much bigger compared to stock 190 tire.
210 won't fit a stock Busa
sad.gif

(GMbusa @ Feb. 21 2007,23:50) Just notch the chain, it should clear.  
biggrin.gif

poke.gif
Or offset the sprockets...
smile.gif
all_coholic.gif
Ooops!! Did I say that out loud?
rock.gif
Better yet, just get a 240 tire kit and get everything you need plus a better look. And anyways, I just don't see how a 210 will fit the stock rim size snugly.

(GMbusa @ Feb. 21 2007,18:50) Just notch the chain, it should clear.
biggrin.gif
poke.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Maybe you could sell chain notching kits!

Now just for the sake of conversation. My BT56 190 measured almost 198mm, my 190 M3 was almost exactly 190mm, and my new Z6 190 is about 185 mm. So the stock tire was for all intents and purposes a 200 rear. Depending on the true installed width of the thing, it may fit, But... Why would you? It will ruin the handling, you'll wind up with an inferior tire, probably have contact issues etc. A 180-190 is optimal for this rim width and the Busa loves em. Why mess with it.

Back