210 rear tire...

URBAN COWBOY

Registered
I put on a Metzeler 210-50-17 rear tire today. I like the look of the fat rear tire. The tire fit snugly with about a 1/4 inch of clearance from the chain. The bike seems to handle just like it did with the stock 190. Here's a pic..

76354263.jpg

URBAN COWBOY

That is PHAT!!! Like it...I have 200 my self.
smile.gif

loose the FLAP dude..it would look alot hotter.

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102864475 -->

Keep an eye on the edge of your tire to see if the chain hits it while riding. Sometimes riding conditions can vary the tire to chain clearance.

That looks sweet! I didn't know a 210 would fit.

I think it's even cooler that you have your bike in your living room.
blues.gif

Which model is that? I haven't been able to find one that goes up to a 210. Looks good!!
cool.gif

Does look nice, but I would be interested to see the handling characteristics in the twisties. The bike looks comfy in the living room!
biggrin.gif

I did a little more searching & I am guessing it is a ME-880. Not sure that is one that I would want in the corners, but then again, a 210 isn't the best thing for them anyway. It would make a good looking tire for the straight line folks!
tounge.gif

Well, guys I've been riding the bike a few days now and I've noticed that the lower part of the chain is slightly rubbing the very outside edge of the tire (where the tire comes to a point). I called the shop (that installed it) and informed them and they said not to worry about it. They said once that edge wears a bit it will be fine. They have installed the same tire on quite a few Busa's and have not had any problems. I'm going to take her by the shop to let them check it out though.

As for the ride, the bike handles just a good as it did with my stock 190. The bike still lays down in a turn easily and seems to ride a bit smoother on the straights. What I really like though is the look. Yesterday when I came out of the bank and saw my bike parked from the back, it looked like a drag bike. The back tire overwhelms the front, making the front almost look like a bicycle tire. Cool man, so cool!

URBAN COWBOY

looks real nice, I did notice that u did not cut off the mudflap.
Are you waiting for a complete undertail?
I will have cut mine off with a dremel and relocated the original bracket right up to the reflector/plate light.
I cut it so the stock signals are not touched. It kinda resembles when a guys has a beard and shaves the chin but keeps the connected mustache. Looks better and didn't coast a thing. I'l prolly just put on smaller sigs. Imagine what yours would look like with that fat ass tire being completely visable-EZ

looks real nice, I did notice that u did not cut off the mudflap.
Are you waiting for a complete undertail?
I will have cut mine off with a dremel and relocated the original bracket right up to the reflector/plate light.
I cut it so the stock signals are not touched. It kinda resembles when a guys has a beard and shaves the chin but keeps the connected mustache. Looks better and didn't coast a thing. I'l prolly just put on smaller sigs. Imagine what yours would look like with that fat ass tire being completely visable-EZ
Yep, she will look good with an undertail. I'm going to get one with the turn signals in the taillight.

URBAN COWBOY

What is the Speed rating of that tire???

MAIN reason I have steered away is that the wider ones are only good to 120-130
not Z-Rated...

jus wonderin
Roy

How the hell do you get away with having your bike in the living room....I am amazed....I had my bike on our back pation one time and my wife freaked....you are a lucky or crazy man....

Keep us posted on this, I will be getting a tire in April probably and would love to get a 210 in there but I just can't imagine it fitting, it does look good....

Oh clear alternatives has a nice clear tailight LED with intergrated turnsignals...I picked one up on ebay....if you cut the flap carefully and put on on those in your bike would look sick.....

The tire is listed as 210/50ZR-17. Good to fly!!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|BusainSD
Reason for Edit: "because.."|1103135065 -->

I was going to change to a 200 size Dunlop 208. I went to their website for the dimensions and when I looked at the clearance between my chain and the stock 190 BT56 (about 1/8") it didn't look like there was enough room for a 200. I haven't measured the actual size of my 190 versus the 200 Dunlop yet. Has anyone had a "rubbing" problem with a 200?

I was going to change to a 200 size Dunlop 208. I went to their website for the dimensions and when I looked at the clearance between my chain and the stock 190 BT56 (about 1/8") it didn't look like there was enough room for a 200. I haven't measured the actual size of my 190 versus the 200 Dunlop yet. Has anyone had a "rubbing" problem with a 200?
Have AVON ST 200. No clearance issue..

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103269170 -->

Carefull if that is an ME-880 it is a touring tire meant for long wear which means harder compound, which means less sticky in the coners. Ridersnation is right as well that it will not be Z rated and certainly does not carry the (P) spec rating that is made for the BUSA due to it's high speed and torque characteristics. Not trying to rain on your mod as it looks good but just be carefull as you may find out it doesn't perform the same at the wrong time!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103266033 -->

Back