208 Mph Mustang

OHP has at least one Hayabusa but what did they use to 'pull him over' with, a Viper? And what Mustang will run over 200?

I call BS. No way was the stang doing 200 plus. I mean its doable but wow thats a lot of money .

176 mph and then 208 mph.

I call BS on that one. 176 I can see. Sounds like the trooper's radar went a little nutz.

A good attorney could get the felony speeding thrown out based on the radar malfunctioning.

Bone stock gt500 breaks 200. All my friends with 500s are putting down 680ish at the wheels. Not saying it happened, just it is plausable.
Btw, most radios can outrun any car! But it sounds like he broke every law except running a red light! Hell, why stop then?!
176 when he sees the cops...208 as he goes for broke!
Troy

I call B/S on 208. At Mojave the built ones could run 190-195 all day long with a couple in the 197 range.
As soon as folks got greedy and tried for 200 they would go pop.

GT500s at the Mojave are Barely breaking 200-201 . so this one is either built or the radar is wrong

I have a friend at work who owns a 2013 gt500 and he refuses to touch the pulleys or motor. The car completely stock(even stock tires) tops out at 190 and it's been tested several times on some really long stretches here in central Florida. So, I don't see how it can be so hard to do a pulley change, full exhaust, tune, etc and get one past 200 mile mark. If I'm not mistaken, there was an article online were this was put to the test and they came up with top speed at around 190 on their test car too.

GT 500's at the Mojave are Barely breaking 200-201 .

So this one is either built or the radar is wrong?

Why would anybody want to speed when they have Hayabusa Highway Patrol motorcycles . . .

76208335.jpg

That distance from 197 to 200 is a hard step then to 208 is a hard long costly step especially on something that has the aero's of a Mustang.

Before I bought my 2006 Busa I was looking at their mustang that ran roughly $60K in a motor trend shot out it ran 201, 202. That was in 2005 from memory

Last edited:
Back