2020's on the Suzuki website!

I like
the
red .

:beerchug:

B6AF98D41B2545A3B71DA395EC4910E5.jpg

#2020SuzukiMotorcycles ~ #2024Hayabusa ~ #25thAnniversary ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Instead of new graphics and bland colors Suzuki could have done actual upgrades like maybe,,,,,,Brembo radial master cylinders (w/steel braided lines) and forged wheels(Apex6:beerchug:)....... and ditch the steel subframes for aluminum :poke:wouldn't kill them to shed a few pounds off the old porker:rolleyes:

Can anyone find actual sales numbers by the year? I’d like to know how many people are buying new Busas now compared to 2008. Maybe they are selling enough to not see the need for a major update.

Can anyone find actual sales numbers by the year? I’d like to know how many people are buying new Busas now compared to 2008. Maybe they are selling enough to not see the need for a major update.
Typically, a new sportbike model sells well in its first year, and then sees its numbers decline every year as it grows older. The Hayabusa reversed this pattern, selling in greater numbers every year from the 1999 launch through the 2008 revision. From its debut in 1999 to June 2007 over 100,000 Hayabusas were sold worldwide. In the United States in each of the years 2005 and 2006, over 10,000 units were sold.

It was predicted that the gentlemen's agreement speed cap would hurt sales, because buyers would not want a bike that was hobbled with a speed limiter, even riders who would never approach the hypothetical maximum.However, sales in the United States have increased year after year since its release in 1999 until 2006 and went from just a few thousand units in 1999 to over 10,000 in 2006.

thats all I could find!

Typically, a new sportbike model sells well in its first year, and then sees its numbers decline every year as it grows older. The Hayabusa reversed this pattern, selling in greater numbers every year from the 1999 launch through the 2008 revision. From its debut in 1999 to June 2007 over 100,000 Hayabusas were sold worldwide. In the United States in each of the years 2005 and 2006, over 10,000 units were sold.

It was predicted that the gentlemen's agreement speed cap would hurt sales, because buyers would not want a bike that was hobbled with a speed limiter, even riders who would never approach the hypothetical maximum.However, sales in the United States have increased year after year since its release in 1999 until 2006 and went from just a few thousand units in 1999 to over 10,000 in 2006.

thats all I could find!
I see many people jumping off the Hayabusa band wagon if Suzuki doesn't come up with something big next year.

Looks like they didn't even really try...

View attachment 1604466

Imagine if a car company didn't change one of their vehicle platforms for 10+ yrs, nobody would be buying it.

Suzuki is evolving the GSXR platform and that's about it.

On the other hand, it says something for the Hayabusa that even after all this time and very few updates it is still somewhat competitive. I can only imagine what Suzuki will do when and if they decide to go for street domination again....

I think many overlook the fact that the Hayabusa was such an inspired design it has been timeless. Few manufacturers design machinery like this ever, much less on a yearly update schedule. When you think of it, there is no other high performance bike that has lasted this long as a dominate force on the streets. But I think maybe Suzuki is a bit too proud of the work that went into this bike and we, the public take this level of mastery for granted. Maybe the question of what next is more complicated than we think?

Think about this: The Hayabusa still dominates most of the things it did 20 years ago. Yes there are competitors catching up, but the things you love about the bike are still valid, with the exception of out right fastest bike on the road. Of course if speed is the goal, boost a Busa and it is again the king of the road.

Hey heres a theory with no research to back it up lol!
Could they be making enough sales off the busa still to all the people transplanting the engine into other stuff like the trex, etc? Seems like Ive came across lots of custom builds over the last couple years boasting of the transplanted busa engine. There seems to never be a shortage of take-off parts for busas on cl or ebay

Imagine if a car company didn't change one of their vehicle platforms for 10+ yrs, nobody would be buying it.

Suzuki is evolving the GSXR platform and that's about it.

On the other hand, it says something for the Hayabusa that even after all this time and very few updates it is still somewhat competitive. I can only imagine what Suzuki will do when and if they decide to go for street domination again....

It used to be common for trucks to only get a makeover every 10 years. I guess they can come up with new tooling and ideas faster now.

Hey heres a theory with no research to back it up lol!
Could they be making enough sales off the busa still to all the people transplanting the engine into other stuff like the trex, etc? Seems like Ive came across lots of custom builds over the last couple years boasting of the transplanted busa engine. There seems to never be a shortage of take-off parts for busas on cl or ebay
Don't think so. 90% of those are second hand motors. Not sure Suzuki would even sell the motor only.

I think many overlook the fact that the Hayabusa was such an inspired design it has been timeless. Few manufacturers design machinery like this ever, much less on a yearly update schedule. When you think of it, there is no other high performance bike that has lasted this long as a dominate force on the streets. But I think maybe Suzuki is a bit too proud of the work that went into this bike and we, the public take this level of mastery for granted. Maybe the question of what next is more complicated than we think?

Think about this: The Hayabusa still dominates most of the things it did 20 years ago. Yes there are competitors catching up, but the things you love about the bike are still valid, with the exception of out right fastest bike on the road. Of course if speed is the goal, boost a Busa and it is again the king of the road.

Goes against society as it is today. To release an unfinished product too early and having to update it after you already bought it (software,games,programs etc...) or things like every year a new Iphone etc...or cheap china crap which is only built to last a short time and then you throw it away.

A longlasting "perfected/timeless" product which became an icon in the bike world.

BUT of course its time now for an update lol

It used to be common for trucks to only get a makeover every 10 years. I guess they can come up with new tooling and ideas faster now.
yeah..and now watch commercials these days - every damn year ford/chevy/dodge release the BEST/NEW truck in its class...more towing, more economic on fuel, better...just because - and the sheeple run to the dealers and buy it lol

yeah..and now watch commercials these days - every damn year ford/chevy/dodge release the BEST/NEW truck in its class...more towing, more economic on fuel, better...just because - and the sheeple run to the dealers and buy it lol
Yeah and no matter which truck is actually the best, the newest one wins truck of the year. You’re pretty much guaranteed to win the award if you change body styles!

Yeah and no matter which truck is actually the best, the newest one wins truck of the year. You’re pretty much guaranteed to win the award if you change body styles!
someone told me once they just change it every year and take turns...and to be honest - I totally believe that.

Back