2020 Corvette

The fact that it’s a mid-engine car is the big news. Kinda sad I think, but I’m sure it’ll be bad-ass performance wise.
I'll bet the handling is other worldly. It's out of my budget but I'd love to take one down my favorite road.

In a day and age when everything is going retro, changing the entire essence of a Corvette to me is risky especially since this car is usually bought by older drivers.

Maybe GM thinks it will become an exotic or something....?

Think of it like they are saying, with the c7 they couldn't improve on it anymore to make it any better a driver with the front (although behind the front axles so it was mid mounted) engine. This new one has the 2nd fastest 0-60 time only bested by the 755hp c7 zr1 and that's short of 255hp.

Add the fact that this will become hypercar status when they add the hybrid twin turbo setup with the front driven by an electric motor.

I cant wait to see where they take this.

In a day and age when everything is going retro, changing the entire essence of a Corvette to me is risky especially since this car is usually bought by older drivers.

Maybe GM thinks it will become an exotic or something....?
I read an article about the new Vette, GM are actively pursuing younger buyers. They want to move away from the typical buyer and poach younger ones from the AMG/911/GT-R crowd.

I read an article about the new Vette, GM are actively pursuing younger buyers. They want to move away from the typical buyer and poach younger ones from the AMG/911/GT-R crowd.
Makes sense....I wonder how many they plan on making? I'd imagine the market is small if they are going after the crowd who buy those exotic cars...

I did see a little Acura yesterday which was similar in appearance to the Corvette...it had a very hard time navigating the entrance to a parking lot due to how low it was...with how crappy the roads are around here, I'd imagine it wouldn't be seeing much use.

I think the demographic they're after isn't looking for it to be useful per se. I would imagine most owners of GT-Rs, 911s, 488s etc have other cars for utilitarian uses. But, not being able to drive it safely and enjoyably defeats the purpose of ownership.

Makes sense....I wonder how many they plan on making? I'd imagine the market is small if they are going after the crowd who buy those exotic cars...

I did see a little Acura yesterday which was similar in appearance to the Corvette...it had a very hard time navigating the entrance to a parking lot due to how low it was...with how crappy the roads are around here, I'd imagine it wouldn't be seeing much use.
New vette lets you geo-tag up to 1000 places that when approached will raise the car 2 inches so you can get around easier.

1FC8001D-C611-4901-9C38-F99DF8CE7ADC.jpeg

I prefer ball dragging stick shift big block Vettes!

Think of it like they are saying, with the c7 they couldn't improve on it anymore to make it any better a driver with the front (although behind the front axles so it was mid mounted) engine. This new one has the 2nd fastest 0-60 time only bested by the 755hp c7 zr1 and that's short of 255hp.

Add the fact that this will become hypercar status when they add the hybrid twin turbo setup with the front driven by an electric motor.

I cant wait to see where they take this.
Sometimes “better” losses identity. If all cars only get “better” eventually they will all be the same and loose their personal identity. They will all be a Tesla SUV. Lol

No manual trans anymore . Its not a vette now .
That’s the saddest part! I don’t drive automatics, both my commuter accord and mustang are manuals. I want a diesel truck and figured it would be either get a Ram with a Cummins and a g56 trans or go with and auto from a different manufacturer. Those plans ended last year when Ram announced it was the end of the manual trans heavy duty trucks. :( !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: c10
Back