2020 Corvette

Jbaby1969

Registered
Just reading and looking at pictures of the new Vette. What are your thoughts on it? I’m pretty impressed by the design of the body. I’m kind of disappointed in the horsepower though.

I'm liking the new design so far, I cant wait to see the aftermarket aero kits. The interior seems like a big upgrade from the last generation. I think power is on point for the price. I believe the base c7 power output is around 450 so there is a slight bump in power. I cannot wait to see the higher end version of this car. That's where the power will likely be around 7-800 horsepower.

I love it.

Part of what’s made the c7, and 6th gen Camaros so fast is the million speed auto transmissions. Keeps the engines in peak torque.

7 speed manuals are a pain to drive. Constantly shifting.
I watched a program the other day where they tested two exact same cars-one was manual and one was an auto, the auto out-performed the manual in every way. New transmission tech is pretty impressive.

I'd say the aerodynamics and weight will make up for the lesser hp...

Similar to how a charger isnt a charger anymore. How the times change.
Thank the insurance companies for that one....personally don't know why a 4 door is cheaper on insurance-especially when you can get a Hellcat Charger..

They did make one (or 2) 4 door chargers in '69

The vette is not a vette anymore. I want a 6 speed. I enjoy driving the car. That’s part of the reason I got my Z06. It’s too euro inspired now. They wanted their own ford gt. A lot of guy in the vette world are pissed but on that same statement, just as many are excited. Even if it grows on me in person, I would never buy a first year car. Give it a few years to let the problems shine.

I watched a program the other day where they tested two exact same cars-one was manual and one was an auto, the auto out-performed the manual in every way. New transmission tech is pretty impressive.

I'd say the aerodynamics and weight will make up for the lesser hp...

Its definitely impressive and fast (the transmission).
But isnt it a huge factor when it comes to the "emotions" with every sports car. Shifting and being able to have full control over it makes it interesting for me. I drove my whole life manual transmission - since i live in canada I own a automatic and I have to say its sooooo boring to drive.
Of course you will lose a few milliseconds compared to thos ultra fast automatic transmissions. But I would rather chose that...!

Its definitely impressive and fast (the transmission).
But isnt it a huge factor when it comes to the "emotions" with every sports car. Shifting and being able to have full control over it makes it interesting for me. I drove my whole life manual transmission - since i live in canada I own a automatic and I have to say its sooooo boring to drive.
Of course you will lose a few milliseconds compared to thos ultra fast automatic transmissions. But I would rather chose that...!
I agree, imagine if the "powers to be" made all bikes automatics....one should be able to chose especially when it comes to performance cars

"Too euro inspired" that's literally what the corvette was made for back at the 1st one.

No one can shift a manual faster than newer automatics, and if you still feel the need to rev it, pull both paddle shifters and the clutches release.

The fact that this car is under 60k and without any options should do 0-60 under 3.5sec is amazing. That's just a guess at 0-60 since the z51 package I dont know price but that does under 3sec and that gets you a performance exhaust, suspension, better brakes, and elsd.

My last 3 Vettes were all manual. It is unfortunate that the new model is auto only no matter how it performs. I think the car is amazing, but I'm a manual transmission fan.
Have you driven any newer performance autos? I admit I like manual better but the CTS-V paddle shifters were great, rev matched downshifts worked perfect. It's still fun to drive in its manual mode.

Have you driven any newer performance autos? I admit I like manual better but the CTS-V paddle shifters were great, rev matched downshifts worked perfect. It's still fun to drive in its manual mode.
I had a BMW 535i with the sport trans, it was not a dual clutch manumatic, still had a converter, but it shifted fast and hard. Downshift rpm matched as well. It was a blast to drive hard with the paddle shifters, I didn't miss a manual at all. I understand why people prefer a manual, but I'm a huge fan of the new automatic transmissions.

Back