2019 ZR1 vs 1397 Busa

That’s for sure. He and his wife Ercie were very cordial and showed me their home and took me to lunch. That’s one of his large garages at his 500 acre spread outside of Wichita Falls. Ercie bought him a red twin turbo Merc roadster for his 80th birthday so they didn’t need the Caddy anymore.:D You would love his place. He has a 1,320’ driveway (just because).:cool::laugh:

I knew about his racing the quarter mile and on the water but didn’t know he raced bikes in the late 60s thru the mid 70s too!

https://eddiehillsfuncycles.com/Meet-Eddie-Hill/Racing-Career

Last edited:
They are sweet aren’t they. The man I bought my car from has an older one. He’s also an Ariel Atom dealer. He even put a larger puffer on top. The man loves to go fast, retired NHRA top fuel champ Eddie Hill.View attachment 1589893
View attachment 1589894
That’s for sure. He and his wife Ercie were very cordial and showed me their home and took me to lunch. That’s one of his large garages at his 500 acre spread outside of Wichita Falls. Ercie bought him a red twin turbo Merc roadster for his 80th birthday so they didn’t need the Caddy anymore.:D You would love his place. He has a 1,320’ driveway (just because).:cool::laugh:

I knew about his racing the quarter mile and on the water but didn’t know he raced bikes in the late 60s thru the mid 70s too!

https://eddiehillsfuncycles.com/Meet-Eddie-Hill/Racing-Career
Did you end buy buying his CTS-V? I saw it for sale a while back definitely caught my interest!

beautiful... I want a big black one.
Lmfao. I refuse to comment.

I know he paid $135k for his 2019. I haven’t had a chance to even talk to him nevermind run it. I love cars too, so I just want to see this thing up close

It’s behind the GT inside Eddie’s garage and here’s a couple outside. I flew down and drove back via Montana. As you can see I love Glacier NP.:D And yes, that’s Eddie’s dragster on the wall at his dealership.
C55286C2-1687-4B91-88D8-83D81B89212F.jpeg

F2D29EE7-B982-4C4E-9345-8AB5F8413548.jpeg

15632D01-7ACB-46E3-9B33-6B07B371DBA6.jpeg

CD54677B-D732-408C-B6AD-9AD67666533A.jpeg

658461D2-5632-4641-859E-3E64C0E8F7C6.jpeg

C7413469-3C60-49BF-BBCB-E4DC858B2420.jpeg

Funny that a V was the slowest car in his garage.......must be so boring to drive a street car after having seat time in a fuel car!

Funny that a V was the slowest car in his garage.......must be so boring to drive a street car after having seat time in a fuel car!

He sure loved the whine of the blower, even put a bigger one on his GT.:cool: Said he would miss that sound with the turbos on his Merc. Last time we talked he had stopped driving the GT and since being accepted onto the list of possible new GT buyers he was still deciding whether or not to buy a new one. Said he’d probably have to sell his first though. Despite the 83,000 miles on the Caddy, it was in nearly showroom condition inside and out, under the hood (and) underneath!:D You should see his place, 500 acres with a 1,320’ driveway,:cool::cool:an immaculate air conditioned five bay two story garage, each bay, three cars deep with room for tool boxes lining the walls. The trophy area inside his two story home was incredible. I should give em a call and ask about the GT.:)

Last edited:
That is pretty much my dream setup (minus about 400 acres), I think most of us would love something like that and the means to stock it.
Call, what's the worst they can say? :D

brown I get that and you are correct. But it's like my estimate is sooo far off, I don't know what I'm talking about. It all depends on driver and tune. great tune, bad driver, lose race.

brown I get that and you are correct. But it's like my estimate is sooo far off, I don't know what I'm talking about. It all depends on driver and tune. great tune, bad driver, lose race.
I agree, but those variables are present in every race. Apples to apples 8 tenths is a huge difference.

Wow a whopping 8/10ths of a second from your estimate and you're calling me on that?
I don't know. A 10.2 vs "11-12s" is a BIG number. When you are down in the 12 second range you run that in a 380WHP corvette. To hit a nice 10.2ish you would need to be on drag radials making 600-650WHP on a good tire. It's a big difference. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, but once you are in the sub 12 second class each .1 takes work, patience, and to be honest, tons of money. I respect any car running 10.2 off the lot!

Back