2019 ZR1 vs 1397 Busa

I don't know. A 10.2 vs "11-12s" is a BIG number. When you are down in the 12 second range you run that in a 380WHP corvette. To hit a nice 10.2ish you would need to be on drag radials making 600-650WHP on a good tire. It's a big difference. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, but once you are in the sub 12 second class each .1 takes work, patience, and to be honest, tons of money. I respect any car running 10.2 off the lot!
I gotta disagree. It's not hard to get a car in the 9's and it doesn't have to be expensive. LS swapped fox body with a good size kit will run nines all day. For cheap. Now having a nice, streetable, reliable car with creature comforts run in the nines or better? That's a different animal and does indeed take money. What's impressive to me is the fact that those are factory numbers, with a warranty.

Yep thats right. I first saw it on here and thought it would make for an amazing daily driver.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...e-and-ercie-hill-s-personal-car-for-sale.html

It has been. Has 101,000 on it now and I’ve replaced the original alternator and serpentine belts, put in another battery and in another 5,000 miles or so I’ll replace the front rotors. The seat belt/air bag switch needed replacing as did the drivers seat lumbar actuator. Not bad for that many miles and being 12 years old. 2006 was a good year for me. My Busa is an 06 and so was my Vette. Kept the Vette for a few months after but eventually took an offer I couldn’t refuse.:DCan’t keep em all.:confused::)
B303C0D7-BEB8-4705-9572-5D5B601093A5.jpeg

8249AA49-C9AF-46EF-A768-7182D1FA938B.jpeg

That is pretty much my dream setup (minus about 400 acres), I think most of us would love something like that and the means to stock it.
Call, what's the worst they can say? :D

I always fantasized having a place large enough that if I were on the roof of my house I could fire a rifle in every direction and the bullet would fall onto my land. (That) would be a ranch!:cool: The guy I got my Ducati 999 from lived on his ranch outside of Dillon MT. It too was huge and had a lot more trees than I saw in Texas.:laugh:

I gotta disagree. It's not hard to get a car in the 9's and it doesn't have to be expensive. LS swapped fox body with a good size kit will run nines all day. For cheap. Now having a nice, streetable, reliable car with creature comforts run in the nines or better? That's a different animal and does indeed take money. What's impressive to me is the fact that those are factory numbers, with a warranty.
I guess thats what I was going after. To have something streetable capable of 9s is definitely not cheap. I daily drove mine and to be honest it was an absolute monster. 25+MPG on 8psi with a nice blower cam. Yes, I babied her but she was VERY capable. Definitely like that you chose a fox as the hypothetical budget build, to be honest I would to. LS motors are my thing but even the new 5.0 Cayote motor is so damn capable. I feel like a cayote motor on boost or a big shot in a gutted fox (notch preferably) would be a monster!

It has been. Has 101,000 on it now and I’ve replaced the original alternator and serpentine belts, put in another battery and in another 5,000 miles or so I’ll replace the front rotors. The seat belt/air bag switch needed replacing as did the drivers seat lumbar actuator. Not bad for that many miles and being 12 years old. 2006 was a good year for me. My Busa is an 06 and so was my Vette. Kept the Vette for a few months after but eventually took an offer I couldn’t refuse.:DCan’t keep em all.:confused::)
That area where you took the photo was absolutely beautiful! I love it up there. Funny, I sold my last C6 for the same reason, good offer. I love the C6 platform and to be honest with you I was in the market for a C7 but could not pull the trigger, maybe one day. The C6 was an animal and had a raw feeling of a true sports car. The C7 was SO refined I didn't feel the speed at all. Great for some, trouble for others LOL.

I wanted an STS back in the late 90s. The impala SS was a one bad mothaf.... back in the day that I could not afford but used STS's were not holding value back then. Sure an STS-V is a whole different animal!

I guess thats what I was going after. To have something streetable capable of 9s is definitely not cheap. I daily drove mine and to be honest it was an absolute monster. 25+MPG on 8psi with a nice blower cam. Yes, I babied her but she was VERY capable. Definitely like that you chose a fox as the hypothetical budget build, to be honest I would to. LS motors are my thing but even the new 5.0 Cayote motor is so damn capable. I feel like a cayote motor on boost or a big shot in a gutted fox (notch preferably) would be a monster!
Not a Vette fan really, but that is definitely a monster!
That coyote is indeed a hell of a powerplant, but LS performance stuff is cheap and they're literally everywhere. Good luck finding a coyote in a junkyard for $300...

Not a Vette fan really, but that is definitely a monster!
That coyote is indeed a hell of a powerplant, but LS performance stuff is cheap and they're literally everywhere. Good luck finding a coyote in a junkyard for $300...
Very true LOL My buddy pulled the 6.0 out of an 02 escalade ( I think thats an lq9 motor...) on a big shot was 10s in his fox. God I love those motors.

i forget the magazine and it was years ago but basically they started with a full sized Old Caddy and just kept taking of parts They ended up with basically a steering wheel and a seat
It was a old style where fenders come of with a wrench and quarters took a torch
If forget he actual numbers but I do remember they dropped almost 7 seconds by the time they were done
Weight is the enemy
Power is your friend

Back