2018 ZX14r

08BusaKY

Registered
No changes to the 19 ZX14r except color either. They posted the 19s to their website just a bit ago.
ZX.JPG

It looks as though Kawasaki is playing the same game when it comes to their hyper bike too...maybe Suzuki and Kawasaki will unveil a new hyper bike at the same time?

I guess if it works, why change.

I wish they would make it together.
They did that with the 03- teens Z400 4wheeler/atv and 400 powered dual sports.
Artic Cat was still using Suzuki engines then too, and got their own version of the 400 4wheeler( just different fenders and seat, the suzuki and Kawasaki were identical other than colors).
Suzuki manufactured the engines as well, as Suzuki was stamped on Kawasaki and Artic Cat's engines.
Imagine the minds that made the Busa and zx14 working together to build a hyper bike.
Kawasaki is a huge company too, they have the resources that Suzuki does not.

Looks like the concours14 stayed the same, as well. Makes me feel good about buying a barely used 2016 concours.

I am thinking of trading my ZX14r for a concours or fjr1300. My Yamaha dealer is offering test drives tomorrow and they are supposed to have an FJR there. I hope they have a vmax too.

I am thinking of trading my ZX14r for a concours or fjr1300. My Yamaha dealer is offering test drives tomorrow and they are supposed to have an FJR there. I hope they have a vmax too.
I’ve never been on an FJR , but I have to confess that the looks of the concours is what I liked and a member her allowed me to test ride his and I really liked the comfort. Power was not busa fast, but still adequate. Mine was used and PO had already added a V-stream windscreen and handlebar riders, so all I added was a top givi case and a rostra cruise control and enjoy the comfort on 500mile trips. They do weight considerably more than the two bikes you already own, so that’s something to keep in mind.

I’ve never been on an FJR , but I have to confess that the looks of the concours is what I liked and a member her allowed me to test ride his and I really liked the comfort. Power was not busa fast, but still adequate. Mine was used and PO had already added a V-stream windscreen and handlebar riders, so all I added was a top givi case and a rostra cruise control and enjoy the comfort on 500mile trips. They do weight considerably more than the two bikes you already own, so that’s something to keep in mind.

I can deal with the weight since I had a lot of Harley's. I had an 07 C-14 (pic below and below that an 18 FJR) and liked it. I do like the looks of the FJR though. I'm not really sure I'm ready to give up my ZX for either yet. For sure NOT my Busa. The storage would be nice and extra wind protection with winter coming...

cone4.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

I can deal with the weight since I had a lot of Harley's. I had an 07 C-14 (pic below and below that an 18 FJR) and liked it. I do like the looks of the FJR though. I'm not really sure I'm ready to give up my ZX for either yet. For sure NOT my Busa. The storage would be nice and extra wind protection with winter coming...

View attachment 1586274
View attachment 1586275
Im Spoiled with c14s luggage to the point I’m wantin givi saddlebags for my busa.

Im Spoiled with c14s luggage to the point I’m wantin givi saddlebags for my busa.

Are the hard bags themselves not the same, just different brackets?
As in, could you buy Busa brackets and swap your bags between bikes?

Fjr very capable of doing things well but you will need up grades. C14 has more power but is hard to service ( very hard)
Fjr is a breeze. But both are hot bikes in warm weather.

Back