2018 Hayabusa Released

At least we still have a hayabusa. I was shocked to see that they have a 2018 dr650 too! Just a different set of graphics and done. I love mine, but that is one dinosaur older than the busa. I think it’s been the same since 1996(?)!!

As for the busa, I would love to get my hands on a set of Black/gray OEM plastics from a 2015 or 2016 busa or “upgrade” my 2009 to a 2016, but that would be a lot of work to transfer years worth of mods on to a new bike just to get the black color scheme. The 2018 white red looks terrible to me, but I can see someone building on tha scheme with a fat red wheel to match and it actually looking nice.

Last edited:
At least we still have a hayabusa. I was shocked to see that they have a 2018 dr650 too! Just a different set of graphics and done. I love mine, but that is one dinosaur older than the busa. I think it’s been the same since 1996(?)!!

As for the busa, I would love to get my hands on a set of Black/gray OEM plastics from a 2015 or 2016 busa or “upgrade” my 2009 to a 2016, but that would be a lot of work to transfer years worth of mods on to a new bike just to get the black color scheme. The 2018 white red looks terrible to me, but I can see someone building on tha scheme with a fat red wheel to match and it actually looking nice.

Wait a minute--if all you want is just a different color for your bike, why not just order a new fairing kit from monsterfairings.com or kingsfairings.com? Also, since you said you want black/gray OEM plastics from the 2015/2016 year model, you do know that either of those sites can make those colors. It would just be a custom order! They say you can even send them a picture of what paint scheme it is you want (exactly)! I'd say just send them a pic of the OEM picture too like the one attached.

Just a thought OP. And since I have not personally ordered a custom request like this, I would call them just to make sure they can do it and if so, I'm sure it will save you a lot of time and work!

One more thing: The gas tank? Since I assume your bike is white (that being it is your profile picture), either take it to a paint shop or get an oem/used one that matches the color of the fairings (whichever is cheaper)!

Suzuki-GSX1300R-Hayabusa-2015.jpg

Wait a minute--if all you want is just a different color for your bike, why not just order a new fairing kit from monsterfairings.com or kingsfairings.com? Also, since you said you want black/gray OEM plastics from the 2015/2016 year model, you do know that either of those sites can make those colors. It would just be a custom order! They say you can even send them a picture of what paint scheme it is you want (exactly)! I'd say just send them a pic of the OEM picture too like the one attached.

Just a thought OP. And since I have not personally ordered a custom request like this, I would call them just to make sure they can do it and if so, I'm sure it will save you a lot of time and work!

One more thing: The gas tank? Since I assume your bike is white (that being it is your profile picture), either take it to a paint shop or get an oem/used one that matches the color of the fairings (whichever is cheaper)!

View attachment 1577586
Some fairing kits come with tank covers too.

View attachment 1577586
I guess having zero miles on is a factor

View attachment 1577586
I looked at that option and actually talked to them about it and also called the local painter. Miles don’t matter to me since I have low miles and now how dependable these motors are. I’ve also done the research and found that 2008-2011 bikes have same paint code for the black paint used and 2012 it was changed, but has remained the same since then, so any black fairing from 2012 and up that is black, will match. I’ve looking on eBay to see If a black set of OEM can be pievlced together. My only concern is the fit of the aftermarket ones, but for $600/700 I can’t complaint much, specially since they come with tank cover like sixpack stated.

Look up the tannom Vader. Company is out of Virginia and makes t-rex like things using the Busa. Their agreement with Suzuki is that they have to buy full bikes. Whatever the don't they sell. I would give them a call they probably have the newer fairing colors your looking for and sell at a great price.

Back