2017 Lighting

Search HID projectors. You will be reading for hours and have a solid plan for what you want to do.

Hids are great, but if I had to do it again I would go LEDs. My VFR has leds, and damn they are bright. Would change the Busa over from hids to leds, but I am too cheap!
Teoy

HIDs were great for a while, but I've had so many problems with them after a while. If I knew of a reliable LED system to use, I'd get that. Will probably be changing them as I rebuild the bike over the winter. Went back to halogen on the high beam a long time ago after it failed.

I went HID. I know the drawbacks, but everything I read about LED throwing light more around and less down the road, backed up by side by side comparisons, I went HID for the most forward viability.

Do you have before and after pics?

Price?

Sorry no before shots to compare. But, it's not even close.

I can't remember how much it ended up being. Maybe 600+, but I did upgrade somethings. You can go with two basic projectors and still be a lot better than stock. That will keep the price down. Give Bjorn a call and he will explain everything. Check out retrofit source and some of the hid forums. It's a ton of info out there. A bit to much, so it may be best to give him a call with your budget etc.

Just put in DDMTuning 35W HID's. WOW! I don't know how I rode without them. Amazingly white and bright. Cost $35 for low beam

Just put in DDMTuning 35W HID's. WOW! I don't know how I rode without them. Amazingly white and bright. Cost $35 for low beam

Just be careful riding in areas that are not well lit. Although you have a lot more light right in front of your bike, you actually have less down the road where you need it. With the exception of reflective signs are now blindingly bright.

Is anyone making a Hayabusa replacement LED light?

Normally replacement bulbs don't work with the reflector very well and scatter the light

Back