2017-2018 prices

groran1000

Registered
What prices have you guys heard of on new busa's? Looking at a 17 blue. Also will consider a 18 black too They also have the 14 anniversary edition in stock too over here in SOCAL. Anyways, what prices heard of anywhere. Dealer says well our prices are different, that's a bull marketing ploy. My 17 BMW 1000rr was same price here in Cali as anywhere.

In Va, NC, out the door for under $11k
But, southern California is soon to be it's own country, might as well be now.
As far as I know you can't buy a bike new outside of Ca and bring it in. At least until 7k miles are on it. Ca emissions bs too.

BMW Dealers do not compete on prices much - BMW is hard on price cutting. Not the same for Jap bikes..

You have to shop around on the old inter-web to see who has the better prices and who is overstocked. There's not much room in motorcycle profits as it is with cars. You also have to be willing to travel a little bit to pick it up.

Back in 2013, I picked up mine in West Virginia while I was living in Massachusetts. The local dealers wouldn't move on their prices. Not even a dollar. I simply did some shopping and found her in Romney, WV for $3,000 under the sticker. Before putting her on the trailer, I rode her around the parking lot and turned over that first mile from factory zero.

I think I will!! If it looks like the picture on the forum, yes yes. Hoss of an engine, probably 210 at rear wheel. yes!!

As far as I know you can't buy a bike new outside of Ca and bring it in. At least until 7k miles are on it. Ca emissions bs too.
I saw at Chapperell's last January a 2016 model same colour as mine for $15995 plus various taxes they put on it there. Not sure how many. In New Zealand I paid $8000 plus trade value of my 2013 model. It retails here for $21995 NZD

Bummer that real sucks

I saw at Chapperell's last January a 2016 model same colour as mine for $15995 plus various taxes they put on it there. Not sure how many. In New Zealand I paid $8000 plus trade value of my 2013 model. It retails here for $21995 NZD
Retail here is over $14k now.
But the north east, and west coast are the only places I know of that people actually pay retail.
Most of the rest of the country, a new, or new left over 1k, Busa, or zx14 is in the $10k-$12k range.

BMW Dealers do not compete on prices much - BMW is hard on price cutting. Not the same for Jap bikes..

Yeah don't know if this is good or bad! At least you don't have to worry about seeing a bike you just bought for $2K less. I walked in looking to make a deal and the dealer said "sorry my brother, tis what it tis!" BMW dealers will also sell on consignment. Pretty much like a car.

The BMW dealer would not negotiate at their store, but other BMW dealers definitely were different prices for sure, depended on the store. I saw a $3k difference at one store and that's the one I bought he he.

Talked to zuki dealer and I told them other places like east coast were out the door for $11,700 and they said they would beat it. I was surprised over in here in SOCAL. I was going to go get an 18 black, but a forum buddy talked me into waiting on a gen 3. I'll keep my 09 and wait and ride my 1000rr, I don't mind at all.

Back