2016 Hayabusa (Suzuki Website)

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I think there may have been another post about the 2016's, but it seems like we'll have to wait until (at least) 2017 for the next generation of the 'Busa. From Suzuki's U.S. website:

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 9.24.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 9.24.28 AM.jpg

With the new R1 resetting the bar in open class, I think all of Suzuki's R&D time and money is being spent getting the GSX-R line back in the game. It could be a while before we see any meaningful Busa overhaul. However, the good news is that a full suite of electronics rivaling the R1 and S100RR developed for the GSX-R 1000 should be a no-brainer to add to the next gen Busa. Ride By Wire, Cruise Control, advanced ABS and TC, multiple ride modes. Maybe even ESA. Maybe I'm dreaming but that would certainly get me back into the showroom with deposit money.

I get to many bikes with throttle by wire in the shop with servo twitch in them, or opened and failed to close. Just another thing to go wrong. Ill stay with the cable. Plus there is a delay in throttle opening with throttle by wire. Takes almost a full second from the time you snap the wrist to full throttle till the throttle servo is fully open.

Back