2016 Fantasy Motogp Rules!!!

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
upload_2016-3-29_16-3-31.png

Well, after a long hiatus, here it is MotoGP fans. The 2016 Fantasy MotoGP!! Did you watch the on track shenanigans last season? What will happen this year?? Will Rossi finally make it number 10? Has Lorenzo already "put a ring on it"? Has Marquez regained his mojo? Is this finally Dani’s year??? How about them Ducs?

Let’s have some fun (and maybe take a prize or two!) Fantasy MotoGP is back!!

There will be 4 Fantasy MotoGP series. One will last the whole season, one for the next 5 five races and two for the following groups of 6 races each. This will allow new entrants who didn't make the 2016 Season Fantasy MotoGP (last 17 races) deadline to play. It will also give entrants whose teams aren't doing so well another chance to win. You can play all 4 Fantasy MotoGPs or just 1, it’s up to you.

The rules for the 2016 Fantasy MotoGP (the remaining 17 races):
1) Each entrant will choose a 9 rider team. All motoGP riders will be classified into 3 groups. A group consists of the 6 highest placing riders in the 2015 Championship riding in 2016. B group consists of the next 6 highest riders. And C group consists of the remaining riders. Each entrant will choose 3 riders from each group, totaling 9 riders from 3 different groups. Teams must be selected and PM'd to me by Friday, April 1st, the day of FP1 in Argentina.

Here is how the rider's groups break down;
Rider Number 2015 Standing
A group
Jorge Lorenzo 99 1
Valentino Rossi 46 2
Marc Marquez 93 3
Dani Pedrosa 26 4
Andrea Iannone 29 5
Bradley Smith 28 6
Andrea Dovisioso 4 7

B group
Cal Crutchlow 35 8
Pol Espargaro 44 9
Danilo Petrucci 9 10
Aleix Espargaro 41 11
Maverick Vinales 25 12
Scott Redding 45 13
Yonny Hernandez 68 14

C group
Hector Barbera 8 15
Alvaro Bautista 19 16
Loris Baz 76 17
Stefan Bradl 6 18
Jack Miller 43 19
Eugene Laverty 50 22
Tito Rabat 53 Rookie in 2016

2) The season is split into 3 periods. The next 5 races is the 1st period, the middle 6 races is the 2nd period, and the last 6 races is the 3rd period. Each rider on your team must rest at least one race the first period and two races the second and third periods. For example, in the season, Rossi can only ride 4 races in the 1st, 3 races2nd, and 3rd periods. So Rossi can only ride 12 races out of 17 and must rest at least 5 races. Here is how the season breaks down:
1st period------ Rio Hondo Argentina, COTA USA, Jerez, Le Mans, and Mugello.
2nd period-----Catalunya, Assen, Sachsenring, Osterreich Austria, Brno and Silverstone.
3rd period------Misano, Aragon, Motegi, Phillip Island, Sepang, and Valenciana.

3) All results and statistics will be obtained from MotoGP.com. No other website or other source matters. If MotoGP.com says Loris Baz’s top speed of 236.76Km/h was the highest speed at a circuit, then that's what this fantasy MotoGP will use to score the riders. No other source matters. Riders that are not selected by any entrant will not be considered when scoring QP to RAC position change, Fastest Lap, Highest Top Speed, Most Wins, and Most Podiums, regardless of results, position or placement.

The scoring categories are as follows:
a) Race results
1st=25pts
2nd=20pts
3rd=16pts
4th=13pts
5th=11pts
6th=10pts
7th=9pts
8th=8pts
9th=7pts
10th=6pts
11th=5pts
12th= 4pts
13th= 3pts
14th= 2pts
15th= 1pts
16th and lower= 0 pts
*Race finishing results are determined by the Race Classification pdf download, available at MotoGP.com under results, then statistics.*

b) Qualifying results
Pole=20pts
2nd=15pts
3rd=10pts
4th=9pts
5th=8pts
6th=7pts
7th=6pts
8th=5pts
9th=4pts
10th=3pt
11th=2pts
12th= 1pts
13th and lower= 0pts.

c) MotoGP.com listing of the grid for the qualifying order determines the scoring. Points are only awarded for the first 12 positions on the grid.

4) Qualifying position to race result position change. Any rider that starts the race is eligible to be awarded points. If a rider starts in 10th place but wins the race, that rider gained 9 positions. If a rider starts from pole and finishes 12th, that rider lost 11 positions. Scoring is as follows:
Biggest position gainer = 16pts
2nd biggest position gainer = 8pts
3rd biggest position gainer = 4pts
3rd biggest position loser = -4pts
2nd biggest position loser = -8pts
Biggest position loser = -16pts
-- All other riders are scored 0pts.

a) Sometimes riders will tie for QP to RAC position change. There are only 28 points awarded for biggest gainers and only -28 points awarded for biggest losers. The examples below explain how those points are divided up amoung the tied racers. There are other possibilities, but the formula should be evident:
1 biggest gainer 16 pts
1 2nd biggest gainer 8pts
1 3rd biggest gainer 4pts
No other gainer points awarded.

2 biggest gainers tie each get 12 pts 16+8=24/2=12
-- Basically, you add 1st pts and 2nd gainer points then divide them between the 2 racers equally.
1 2nd biggest gainer 4pts

2 biggest gainers tie each get 12 pts 16+8=24/2=12
-- Basically, you add 1st pts and 2nd gainer points then divide them between the 2 racers equally.
2 2nd biggest gainers tie each get 2 pts 4/2=2
-- Basically you take the 4 points and split it equally between the riders tied.

1 biggest gainer 16pts.
2 2nd biggest gainers tie each get 6 points 8+4=12/2=6
-- Basically you take 2nd and 3rd place points add them together then split them equally between the tied racers.

3 biggest gainers tie each get 9.3 pts 16+8+4=28/3=9.3
-- Basically you add 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gainer pts then divide them equally between the 3 racers.
If 4 or more racers tie for biggest gainer, you divide 28 by the number of riders tied for biggest gainer.

1 biggest gainer 16pts
1 2nd biggest gainer 8pts
4 3rd biggest gainers 1pt each 4/4=1
-- Basically you take the 4 points remaining and divide it equally between the tied racers.
No other gainer points are awarded.
**The same methods, different numbers though, is also applied to biggest position losers**

5) Fastest Lap in Race
Fastest Lap in Race= 10pts

6) Top Speed in Race.
Highest Top Speed in Race = 5pts

7) Most races won.
At the end of each period, the entrant's team with the most wins is awarded 20pts. All the riders on your team qualify for all 6 races in the period when determining the score. T he resting of riders are irrelevant for this award. If a tie of 2 or more teams results, then the points will be divided evenly between the tied teams.

8) Most podiums earned.
A podium is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place finish (does not consider top satellite team). At the end of each period, the entrant's team with the most podiums is awarded 15pts. All the riders on your team qualify for all 6 races when determining the score. The resting of riders are irrelevant for this award. If a tie of 2 or more teams results, then the points will be divided evenly between the tied teams.

9) Record for Fastest Lap.
If a rider breaks the fastest lap record for a circuit, that rider is awarded 10pts. (Rider must not be resting)

10) Record for Fastest Race Lap.
The rider that breaks the Circuit record for fastest race lap is awarded 10pts. (Rider must not be resting)

11) Replacement Riders
Includes injuries, riders quitting/getting fired. If one of your riders isn’t riding a particular race or multiple races, you cannot get a replacement rider. The 9 riders you choose at the beginning of the season is final. You are stuck with your riders for the remainder of the season and all your riders must still rest 2 races each period (with the exception of the first period, since the season is starting after the race in Losail). If the injured rider's team replaces the injured rider with another rider, you get the replacement rider for that race.

12) Team selection deadlines.
Each race you get to race only 6 of your 9 riders. You must select and PM me which 6 riders will ride in each race prior to the start of that race's 1st Free Practice (FP1). After the start of the FP1 but before the start of the 3rd Free Practice (FP3), you may change which riders you want to ride that race. Remember that each rider must still rest 2 races per period. Once FP3 starts, no changes can be made. If you forget to notify me which of your riders are racing before the start of FP1, I will choose your riders for you. You will not be able to make rider changes during FP1 or FP2, if you forgot to PM your rider list to me. The selection is final for that race and the method that I choose to select your team is at my discretion. It is up to you to remember to send in your list of the 6 riders from your team that you want to race for every race of the season.

********* Selection of resting riders has 2 main points.
a)3 riders from your team must be selected to rest prior to FP1 or I will randomly select the riders for you.

b)If you turn in your 3 resting riders in time, you can change your lineup prior to FP3. In other words, you can look at FP1 and FP2 times and send a change to me. If you change your lineup, your new selection of resting riders must be received (via time stamp) PRIOR to the start of FP3. This is because of the QP1/2 format and points are awarded for the final QP results.

I have to have the 3 riders selected prior to FP1 because I will have to randomly select any teams that didn't make the deadline prior to FP3 to ensure fairness.

13) Results posting
After each race, I will post the results in a spreadsheet format that will include each players team results. The spreadsheet will look like this:
upload_2016-3-29_16-9-11.png

Let's have some fun!!!!

This will be the "Rules" thread, for questions, answers and rules changes/amendments.

Any questions - let me know!!!

Back