2015 hayabusa vs 2015 zx14

umairhashmi

Registered
I have been out of the game for a while and my last bike was a 2006 hayabusa. Had over 20k miles on it until it was stolen. I was looking at the 2015 hayabusa and it seems like the zx14 seems to be a better bang for the buck. Any advice or major differences between the two? I see Anti lock brakes are standard on both now. I know its just a brand but the brembo name on the Suzuki seems to look cooler too lol.

I know its a lot to ask for but I hope I can really get some UNBIASED replies here. I get it. Im a Car Salesman for Toyota and I always say how much better the Camry n Corolla are compared to the Civic n Accord but deep down I know they are pretty much the same just like Coke Compared to Pepsi or Lowes to Home Depot. Im just thinking that for 2015 the Busa hasn't changed much since 2008 but the Kawasaki has.

I have been a ZX14 guy and a Busa guy, best thing you can do is go sit on both. The Kawi makes a bit more HP and the stock ergonomics are a bit better suited for my frame.

What are you looking to do with the bike? Daily Commute, weekend fun, touring purposes or race etc. Also are you a big aftermarket modify kind of guy or do you keep your bikes relatively stock??

I think from a hp perspective clearly the 14 is better. its a 1441 vs a 1340. something like 195hp to what? 180hp...someone else might have a better knowledge on that than me. seems like the electronics brakes etc are also better on the 14. now if you are planning to do motor work I think the busa is a better choice but the if that's so you can save some money and get an older one since paint schemes is the only thing zuk seems to know how to do lately. I have an 06 with a 1397 kit and alien head with ecu tune that puts out 195hp and 120 ftpnds torque so im not trading for anthing right now. waiting to see if and when there is a g 3...

As much as I love Suzuki it seems like I MIGHT have to go Kawasaki this time around. Its like the Hayabusa SAYS 2015 but everything on it except for the ABS is from 2008.

Not sure about your neck of the woods but in my area there are 1-3 year old brand new leftover bikes that were never sold going for way way under MSRP.

^^^Same around my way.... Brand new 2013 Busa's on sale between $10.5 and 11 grand. The busa may be "out dated" according to some but your still getting a helluva Lotta bike for that price

As said above if you want to do motor work think Chevy vs Ford like in the old days . More aftermarket parts for the Busa and cheeper to get more HP out of it , But if your just going to just put a pipe on it the 14r is a better bike , Sorry but I have been on both , if its about looks only the Busa is nicer looking bike color wise . just my 2ct

I really want to get a 2015 because my Credit gives me better interest rates on those so that is a faster too. When was the last time the Hayabusa was update compared to the ZX14?

2008 was when the g2 was put out. and its been basically the same since. the 14 has had several since 06/07 ... vastly improved.

stock to stock the 14 is the clear winner. even with bolt ones the 14 is the clear winner. but start adding a Turbo and the Busa will win depending how crazy u go. but a simple bolt on Turbo kit with no internal mods and the 14 will be similar to the Busa with about 260 hp.

the stage 2 with a built motor and it really shines then but so does the Busa but the Busa costs a LOT more to make the same power. prob $6k more actually in the Turbo kit alone. Powerhouse sells em. I think the 14 looks great wen stretched along with a stretched tail. but stock their kinda lame lookn imo.

if I was starting from nothn I wud surely entertain the 14 with a Turbo kit over the Busa but if not going Turbo the I think its just personal choice. they both are quite badass imo.

It looks like if you are comparing a completely stock from the dealer 2015 Busa to the 2015 ZX14 the Kawasaki wins by a long shot.

What's this about a Kakasaki? I thought this was a Busa forum? :whistle:

Green is just not my color. :laugh:

Remember, Kawasaki had to launch 3 bikes to beat the Busa. If you buy a ZX14 now, it won't be the king for long, very likely that we will see something new announced just before fall.

Depends what your plans are for the bike?

If you are keeping it stock or light bolt-on's the 14R is better for some. Personally I just don't like the way the 12/13.5/14 feels for my build. But if it fits you and you want basic mods they are hard to beat for bolt-on's.

However, if you are going into the engine anyway or plan to Turbo I would say Busa all the way. Until Suzuki gets off they aces and updates the Busa, it's going to be just behind. It's still a great bike and IMO 100% all around better than almost anything available. If you are a smaller guy I would recommend the S1000RR but if you are 180lbs+ you'll feel like a Gorilla riding the darn thing..

Depends what your plans are for the bike?

If you are keeping it stock or light bolt-on's the 14R is better for some. Personally I just don't like the way the 12/13.5/14 feels for my build. But if it fits you and you want basic mods they are hard to beat for bolt-on's.

However, if you are going into the engine anyway or plan to Turbo I would say Busa all the way. Until Suzuki gets off they aces and updates the Busa, it's going to be just behind. It's still a great bike and IMO 100% all around better than almost anything available. If you are a smaller guy I would recommend the S1000RR but if you are 180lbs+ you'll feel like a Gorilla riding the darn thing..

Yeah that bmw is tiny

Fwiw, I just paid $10,900 for my leftover 13 with 1 mile on her. Also, they gave me 1000 more for my trade than nada wholesale was. Suzi has zero percent for 60 and 0.5 percent for 72. I used the 0/60. It was a no brainer for me!
Troy

Fwiw, I just paid $10,900 for my leftover 13 with 1 mile on her. Also, they gave me 1000 more for my trade than nada wholesale was. Suzi has zero percent for 60 and 0.5 percent for 72. I used the 0/60. It was a no brainer for me!
Troy

Me too. I picked up a brand new leftover '14 for $11,500. I also took the 0% for 5 year option. If you go on their site and read the fine print under the financing, you will see that they offer this same deal right now (0% for 5 years, or 0.5% for 6 years) for the 13, 14, and 15.

Back