2015 Hayabusa questions

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
Hello All!

It has been a while but I just bought a 2015 and I was looking to do some of my traditional mods. Mirror extenders, hump mod, levers and brake/clutch lines. I don't pick up the bike until Wednesday so no pictures yet. When I went to Pashnit's site where I get most of my parts I can't find any brake lines or clutch lines for 2013 or newer. I'm guessing this is because of the ABS so I started doing some searches on here and in google but I'm getting mixed results so I figured I would ask the experts.

So my questions are as following:

1. Can you do all the lines on an ABS busa?
  2. If I do the lines myself will I mess up the ABS or need to take it to the dealer for the mod? I found some five line kits online for ABS Hayabusas but not sure if it is doable anymore.
  3. If not can I still do the rear and clutch lines?
  4. Are levers still okay to do?
  5. If brake lines aren't recommended on the 2013+ how is the braking when you get higher mileage? Brake lines almost seemed mandatory on my 07 and 09.

Thanks in advance!

Hi mate, I have the 2013 ABS version from Oz but they are all the same. I have replaced all five lines on mine easy enough to do, the hardest part because the old lines are shaped metal to rubber is removing them. You either have to dismantle half the bike or be brutal and "rip" them out (I took the "rip" route). Make sure you mark the ABS unit for which line goes where. Bleeding the system is the same as pre ABS and not difficult. Levers are the same as before. I fitted a Brembo RCS 19 brake master cylinder as well even though the banjo connection is different than standard ( had a one off line made). Front brake is way better than standard (more feel and stopping power).
Hope this helps.
Pm me if you have any queries.

Back