2015 BUSA Hot Air..

Norseman

Registered
Recently purchased a 2015 BUSA with 1160km's, the bike is immaculate yet when riding there is hot air blowing from the right side cowling onto my calf area and it gets really uncomfortable hot after a while, any ideas what can be causing that, left side stays cool?

Thanx, has a full system and happens while going fast, 140 to 200km/h..not so bad going slow in town..
Are you a “shorts and flip flop” kind of rider?it would definitely feel like your leg is going to catch on fire if you don’t have proper gear to protect the inside of your leg.

2015 model so must be Gen 2.

Yeah Gen 2’s since 2008. I wear denim too in the heat but always with hard shell knee and shin armor underneath. Cotton denim does retain heat but still, I’ve never felt any hot air rushing over either leg even in triple digit heat.

I have a Gen 2 with full exhaust...I haven't noticed this issue but will pay closer attention and see.

It IS the catalytic converter causing the heat(gen2 only) and it IS more noticeable on the right side.
Get a full exhaust and it'll feel noticeably cooler around your feet/bottom of the bike.

QUOTE="WuzzaCBXRider, post: 3247139, member: 10993"]Is this a Gen2 issue? Never had this experience with my Gen1.[/QUOTE]

Yep, catalytic converter, gen2 only.

08 with Brock’s AH no problems, I’ve heard others say theirs gets hot, I can put my hand on mine after a ride.

I had a full Akro and it was hot on the right side. When the fans kicked on it was very noticeable. With the turbo I don’t notice it at all.

Back