2014 Spring Bashes! My Input,,,

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
This is my only and last post in this thread,, Since there is a so called split Bash this year, here is my input.
I would ask people that are attending the original bash, or the Hayabusa Bash,, to please keep your comment to your self, as well as your feelings. There is no need for this drama, if you don't like it, don't associate with it! PLEASE.
Please don't waste your time to try to degrade the other event. Keep to yourselves, or your friends, but not into the other event.
This is not high school,, Please be adults, and keep to to yourselves.
And with that said please all have a great time.
John

Gixxer, I was kidding there is no Drama, and I see YOU in the Fall my Friend, Hope all is well with you and Jenn.

Posted from RacerV, Just Sharing:

It amazes me how convoluted this entire thing has become. As it has been said over and over again, the bash is NOT an org event. It has been obvious over the last several years that participation and enthusiasm has diminished greatly from what it once was. A few of us finally decided to take ownership and do something about it. I find it hilarious that now all of a sudden....the org wants to be involved. There was never supposed to be a split. The date was changed to accommodate more people and have a chance of better weather. That's it! No underlying motive, no conspiracy, no drama which is exactly what this all has become.....drama. Get over yourselves and look at the bigger picture here. I have explained this repeatedly and for some reason it just doesn't sink in. The next issue is the involvement with Scar. This is not his event either. He is not doing anything except helping me get dealers and manufacturers to give US items for free. He may be getting some exposure for himself and I-SHOC for his participation but seriously folks, not his event. Issue number three...Registration Fee. You are paying for food and a t-shirt. These things are not FREE and you would have to spend the money anyways. We are providing dinner for both Friday and Saturday nights. Everyone had to pay for Grumpy's Diner in the past, nothing different except the fact that no one has to work, clean up, haul cooking equipment and food, etc. So again, where is the problem? With all of this being said, pick the date that works best for you. No one is going to be upset if you do one and not the other. This is about seeing old acquaintances, making new ones, and riding motorcycles in the mountains.

Aren't we just making more drama by letting this play out?

Can't we all just get drunk and eat moon pies?

I think we should get around the fire pit (let earlybird make/tend the fire). We get the leader of each Bash event. We tie their right hands together with about 10' of extra rope. Then they get a knife in the left hand. Then we all cheer for our favorite Bash as they fight to the death. The one left standing is the official Bash. That way we only have to lose one Org member over this sillyness. I know what you are thinking, where has this guy been the last few months when we needed him?

I was going to try to surprise everybody and make it in April. But just can't make it happen. I have friends coming down from NY that weekend. So I can't.

I plan on being there. I told Shawn to add me to the attendance list about 2 weeks ago, haven't made it on there yet.

I was going to try to surprise everody and make it in April. But just can't make it happen. I have friends coming down from NY that weekend. So I can't.

That would have been great and you will be missed Loomis! Hope you're enjoying VIR this weekend! :thumbsup:

Back