2013 Busa is held DEALER CAPTIVE

2013BobBusa

Registered
:please:
Has anyone seen an official recall on 2013 Busa ABS? The Canadians released a Transit Recall on the Nissin ABS units on the 2013...So now my BRAND NEW BUSA is stuck in limbo..
A) Does Suzuki have a new part #?
B) Havenet heard this in the states but DEALER SAID NO NO NO to giving up my bike!

:banghead:

Thanks Guys!
I am the FNG on the site so show me the love!

Yes, there is a thread about the recall started by someone else who had the same situation as you.

Thanks guys... Originally I heard it was supposed to be on certain VINs ..Then it affected a few Kawi and Honda but Ill hit Suzuki America on the phone tom and see what the real deal is... The info is scattered. During production some poor cleaning of the bores and aluminum chards were left behind causing lock up .. Hoping that the dealer drank the truth liquid as the New England Suzuki Rep said "only a week" :drink:
Who knows? I just couldnt buy the Green Machine.. 14...:heart-break:

She's stuck there until the issue can be resolved and parts made. Sorry bud.

Welcome to the org and be sure they hook you up for your troubles. Did you finance through Suzuki? I wonder I you can skip your payments until they give her back.

:please:
Has anyone seen an official recall on 2013 Busa ABS? The Canadians released a Transit Recall on the Nissin ABS units on the 2013...So now my BRAND NEW BUSA is stuck in limbo..
A) Does Suzuki have a new part #?
B) Havenet heard this in the states but DEALER SAID NO NO NO to giving up my bike!

:banghead:

Thanks Guys!
I am the FNG on the site so show me the love!

Welcome to the forum.

Mine has been held captive since July 13th and there's no indication as to when Suzuki will replace the Nissin ABS Modulator and allow me to have the motorcycle that I've already paid for.

Here's the thread that I started https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/175534-sales-halted.html

Feel free to add any information that you're able to get, from anyone.... at your dealership and/or Suzuki.

Thanks for the Welcomes! :beerchug:
From this , the dealers need to look at production dates. I am going to try Suzuki tom NOT on the # below- Some hot chat room # :laugh:
Let you guys know if we can get a concrete answer....If its is a matter of ALL Busas getting a new one- THEN ORDER UP SUZUKI!

Detailed Recall Information for Suzuki Hayabusa Gsx1300ra

Show Recalls for Model Year:

All2013

2013-07-22

(Published by NHTSA on 2013-07-27)

Recall Summary:

Suzuki Motor Corporation (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2013 GSX1300RA Hayabusa motorcycles manufactured January 22, 2013, through April 26, 2013. Due to a manufacturing error, the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) may malfunction and lose anti-lock functionality.

Hazard:

The anti-lock function may not perform properly allowing for wheel lock up and skidding, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy:

Suzuki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected ABS units, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in early August 2013. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-255-2550. Suzuki's campaign number for this recall is WN.

Additional Info:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

NHTSA Source:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recall...art=1&SearchType=QuickSearch&rcl_ID=13V312000

Yes Sir! Took that deal on 0%
Detailed Recall Information for Suzuki Hayabusa Gsx1300ra

Show Recalls for Model Year:

All

2013-07-22

(Published by NHTSA on 2013-07-27)

Recall Summary:

Suzuki Motor Corporation (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2013 GSX1300RA Hayabusa motorcycles manufactured January 22, 2013, through April 26, 2013. Due to a manufacturing error, the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) may malfunction and lose anti-lock functionality.

Hazard:

The anti-lock function may not perform properly allowing for wheel lock up and skidding, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy:

Suzuki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected ABS units, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in early August 2013. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-255-2550. Suzuki's campaign number for this recall is WN.

Additional Info:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

NHTSA Source:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recall...art=1&SearchType=QuickSearch&rcl_ID=13V312000

I would say check production dates unless SUZUKI is handing ALL NEW ABS MODULATORS... I will be :poke: with SUZUKI tom. Keep you guys posted.

I would say check production dates unless SUZUKI is handing ALL NEW ABS MODULATORS... I will be :poke: with SUZUKI tom. Keep you guys posted.

OK So the real phone number for Suzuki is 714-572-1490...The 800number goes to some party hotline. :rofl: So the rep was nice and apologetic but ALL BUSAs at the dealership are going NO WHERE. There is no VIN or production date...Its all of them . Now the sorta good news since I did call. They took my vin# saw the issuing dealer and it becomes a priority as the new ABS units come in this week. :thumbsup: So patience is the key as I cant jump on a green machine and let the good times roll PUKE......

:deadhorse:So spoke to the mothership Suzuki...Very nice and apologetic:bowdown: but not by VIN or Production date will any of the Busas leave the showroom. Good news is if you call , they will record the VIN# and co-responding dealer and issue a priority next day on the ABS Unit. They should arrive this week for distribution. :cheerleader: I cant stomach the idea of driving the green 14 machine and let the good times roll :moon: SO I WILL BE PATIENT!
Thanks for the Welcomes!
Bob

the more chit they keep adding to these bike the more problems their gonna have...:whistle: soon they will be like Audi's.

:deadhorse:So spoke to the mothership Suzuki...Very nice and apologetic:bowdown: but not by VIN or Production date will any of the Busas leave the showroom. Good news is if you call , they will record the VIN# and co-responding dealer and issue a priority next day on the ABS Unit. They should arrive this week for distribution. :cheerleader: I cant stomach the idea of driving the green 14 machine and let the good times roll :moon: SO I WILL BE PATIENT!
Thanks for the Welcomes!
Bob

I don't quite understand this posting. If the owner of a motorcycle that is being kept at the dealership pending repair calls Suzuki with the VIN# then, and only then, will the ABS Modulator be replaced so that the owner can take delivery of the motorcycle that they already paid for?

You ever rode a Ducati? They are an Audi! :laugh:

I think Audi has its :2cents: in Ducati. BMW 1000rr has traction control and ABS... rode that sucka and man it works... Funny pulling the wheel and it pulls back down.

Just compare the price of those bikes.. Best bang for the buck still is the Busa.

When I called the guy at their recall line he lawyered up on me and said he was not aware of any recall for my bike. When I told him the dealer said my bike was flagged he said he didn't have any further information beyond what the dealer told me. I said that the dealer had recommended I stop riding and he said that was not Suzuki's stance. I asked for a signed letter from Suzuki saying that there was nothing wrong with my bike and that it is safe to ride. He said he could "look into that" but that if my bike was part of the recall that I should see a letter from Suzuki sometime in the first week of Aug. Kind of a douch actually.

Gonz

Just got a call from the dealer today. It's official and the part is on order... backordered anyway. At least they've got an action plan now.

Gonz

Just got a call from the dealer today. It's official and the part is on order... backordered anyway. At least they've got an action plan now.

Gonz

What is the new part number? I was told BRAND NEW bikes are the priority in receiving a fresh unit:pullhair: Who knows what to believe as they struggle to hold a sale...It should be a no-brainer for Nissin to boost production a bit. These ABS Units are not complicated at all.

Unfortunately, they didn't provide a part number. Yeah, not sure I beleive that my bike is a priority either since I bought it a few weeks ago. :(

Gonz

Back