2013 Busa is held DEALER CAPTIVE

Unfortunately, they didn't provide a part number. Yeah, not sure I beleive that my bike is a priority either since I bought it a few weeks ago. :(

Gonz

I can see this is not going to go well for Suzuki... Regardless of our loyalty this is not the way to handle it. It needs to be announced properly-which apparently just did yesterday..At the Dealer level, not even engage a customer on buying one -take them off the floor. #2 I still question why it is not VIN# or production date since there is a date I listed from the bulletin above :google:: But in the end the customers safety is priority and we have to respect that. Problem is they have not sent the magic letter to all owners STOP RIDING! That's the strongest message possible to everybody that there is a clear danger. That leaves the gray area out there for 2013 owners. As far bikes financed and paid for- PANDORA's BOX- AGAIN issues for Suzuki.

From what I understand, the brakes will work as normal IF the ABS fails, but it will just act like any other brakeing system, so you can lock up your wheels, skid, etc. I'm going to continue to ride mine until the dealer gets the part....I don't know anything about what the part is or how big a pain it is going to be to replace, however. Does anyone know anything on what they're actually going to replace?

From what I understand, the brakes will work as normal IF the ABS fails, but it will just act like any other brakeing system, so you can lock up your wheels, skid, etc. I'm going to continue to ride mine until the dealer gets the part....I don't know anything about what the part is or how big a pain it is going to be to replace, however. Does anyone know anything on what they're actually going to replace?

The entire block The problem was first identified in December 2012 by Triumph which alerted Nissin about the issue. According to documents released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Nissin informed Suzuki Motor Corporation of a potential issue on May 24, leading Suzuki to start its own investigation. On July 10, Suzuki decided to initiate recall proceedings.

072513-nissin-abs-modulator-recall-diagram-f

Suzuki dealers will replace the ABS modulator on affected units with a new part produced after Nissin corrected the manufacturing error. The recall affects 2,561 units in the U.S
:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the call. Suzuki is overnighting the part to my dealership tomorrow. So there is something to be said about being polite. Hopefully the dealer can turn the install around fairly quick. Needless to say none of us are happy about it but for the sake of safety that was the right call. I can't wait to beat this thing like a redheaded stepchild.

I got the call. Suzuki is overnighting the part to my dealership tomorrow. So there is something to be said about being polite. Hopefully the dealer can turn the install around fairly quick. Needless to say none of us are happy about it but for the sake of safety that was the right call. I can't wait to beat this thing like a redheaded stepchild.
Mine was ordered this morning!

So am I correct is stating that IF my hayabusa's ABS modulator did fail, the braking system would still work, but in non-abs form?

Back