2013 Busa Electrical Issues

King305

Registered
Hopefully you guys can help me out because I'm scratching my head over here. I have 13 Busa and just today I took out of the garage proceeded to get on my bike put the key in the ignition and turn to the "ON" position and my Gauge cluster does not come on. No this happened to me and I took it to the shop and I rode it everything seems fine. Now I'm back at square. Of course I called the shop back to let them know and it's back there currently. Sense I paid for a service and the work has a warrenty for the same problem occurring. But wanted to post in here to see if this is just me. Could it be a ground issue or wires touching. Help me out thanks in advance.

Does the pump prime, or is it just the cluster that does not work?
Looks like the main fuse. That controls the gauge cluster, front and rear turn signals, and break light. I do a few after market things on the bike. LED lights HID, air ride, which also is odd after 30mins or so of riding the LED nor air ride will wk. air ride compressor will not deflate :dunno:

King

Just so I understand this correctly.
The cluster is dead but the bike starts and runs ok?
Correct. But I have no electronics functioning. While bike is running. I can ride shift gears brake no problem. Not sure if it's a ground issue kinked wire

Looks like the main fuse. That controls the gauge cluster, front and rear turn signals, and break light. I do a few after market things on the bike. LED lights HID, air ride, which also is odd after 30mins or so of riding the LED nor air ride will wk. air ride compressor will not deflate :dunno:
When I turn the key and hit the kill switch to on the fuel pump or regulator as I call it. Wk as its suppose to

Has the cluster ever been removed? If so there is a chance the connector in the back isn't snapped in.

Has the cluster ever been removed? If so there is a chance the connector in the back isn't snapped in.
Had HID and halos put on. My avatar above is what it looks like. But my mechanic put it in. And I'm sure you have to remove the cluster to install both items. But would that cause the fuse to blow? This all happened with out me even turning the bike all the way on. Just turned the key to on position. No ignition start

Need to know where the power is coming from to run the extra mods. May want to look into putting a second fuse block on your bike to run the extras. That compressor alone is pulling more juice than the factory harness would like. Did your mechanic put a relay on your HIDs or did he just hook them to the headlight wiring? I am guessing that you have a switch to turn the lights off. Is it a ground switch or a positive switch?

Need to know where the power is coming from to run the extra mods. May want to look into putting a second fuse block on your bike to run the extras. That compressor alone is pulling more juice than the factory harness would like. Did your mechanic put a relay on your HIDs or did he just hook them to the headlight wiring? I am guessing that you have a switch to turn the lights off. Is it a ground switch or a positive switch?
Yes there's a relay for the hid I. But that light is fine and running no problem

ballast location can cause a lot of problems with hid....make sure its as far away from the cluster as possible.

Your ballast is what powers your HIDs. Not sure what kit you have, if there are two boxes conector to your bulb then your ballast will be the larger. Some kits have the ignitor separate, some are built into the ballast.

Update tech says he going to make a separate fuse box to run the LED lights, air ride and my halos. So the load won't be too much for the 10amp fuse.

Even if it doesn't work it will eliminate a lot of possibilities. It will also be better on you electrical system.

I am with Captain, check to make sure the plug in the back of the cluster is fully seated, would almost bet money that is the issue.
Will do. I'll let them know tomorrow to check that. Because I did ride it few days ago everything was fine. Didn't fully turn on the bike and it blew

Back