2013 Busa...5x8 open trailer

SteelCity15074

Registered
I have a 2013 Hayabusa I'm going to be transporting on a 5 by 8 open trailer.... I was wondering what you guys recommend for the best chock.. I prefer something you can bolt down I was looking at baxley's but they don't look like they bolt down..
Also the Pitbull system is very nice but a little out of my price range will be using tie-downs also..
Thanks For Any Info

I have a 2013 Hayabusa I'm going to be transporting on a 5 by 8 open trailer.... I was wondering what you guys recommend for the best chock.. I prefer something you can bolt down I was looking at baxley's but they don't look like they bolt down..
Also the Pitbull system is very nice but a little out of my price range will be using tie-downs also..
Thanks For Any Info

You can strap the Baxley to the trailer.
Then use 4 straps on the bike and not have to compress the forks.
It's not going anywhere, I've seen it done several times with no issues.

Harbor freight makes a wheel chock.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-lb-capacity-motorcycle-standwheel-chock-61670.html

If you get it on sale or with a coupon, its reasonable. Can be strapped down or I bolted mine down on a 4x8 trailer and have never had issues.

Thumbs up for the Harbor Freight - even if I do feel like I need to take a shower after saying that. The damn thing works great. Mine is bolted down in four places on my 10 year old landscape trailer. Drive on and park the bike.

I just had my voltage regulator replaced under recall (Yes I know, the recall is old. I've been putting it off because I don't like leaving my bike in some monkey's hands). I drove up and parked the bike while it was at the angle you see in the photo. Held solid - so I got off to put the straps on. The woman at the shop remarked, "Wow. That's pretty slick." I figured everyone who works in the industry has seen a wheel chock like this, but I guess not.

It's cheap Chinese steel, but it really doesn't have to be high tech to do the job. It's inexpensive and has done its job for 10 years.

20180921_171738.jpg
20180921_171752.jpg

I've only transported bikes in a pickup with straps and a Canyon Dancer. I put the nose into a corner and slightly depress the forks and tighten the straps. I brought the Ducati from Montana over Donner Pass back here, 1,100 miles thru several bumpy construction zones with no problems. I also brought my son's Sprint 955i from SoCal back here the same way.
DUC SOJOURN 026 (Medium).jpg

Thumbs up for the Harbor Freight - even if I do feel like I need to take a shower after saying that. The damn thing works great. Mine is bolted down in four places on my 10 year old landscape trailer. Drive on and park the bike.

I just had my voltage regulator replaced under recall (Yes I know, the recall is old. I've been putting it off because I don't like leaving my bike in some monkey's hands). I drove up and parked the bike while it was at the angle you see in the photo. Held solid - so I got off to put the straps on. The woman at the shop remarked, "Wow. That's pretty slick." I figured everyone who works in the industry has seen a wheel chock like this, but I guess not.

It's cheap Chinese steel, but it really doesn't have to be high tech to do the job. It's inexpensive and has done its job for 10 years.

View attachment 1585952View attachment 1585953

There you have it^
That's how it's done.

Baxley is the real deal, worth every penny. Stay away from Hazard Fraught if you're looking for a premium product.

I hear ya.... I don't want to have to keep looking in my rearview mirror...lol...but I probably will....no Harbor Freight..

Baxley is the real deal, worth every penny. Stay away from Hazard Fraught if you're looking for a premium product.

I disagree. Some stuff yea harbor freight is junk. This wheel chock (I have 2) have made thousands of miles with bikes in them. Gsxr's, Busa, Harley. All being towed up to 90 mph+. Never had so much as a scare even. For the money, they have been great!

Six is right :beerchug:

Baxley all day EVERYDAY.......

Have had 1 for years and I got mine used!!! Damn thing is rock solid bullet proof. Once your bike is locked into 1 of them
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIjQSR0R_WyirF7vQmPOC1w9QdSpT-d_NBzoEpyeUJEC7iWlEb.jpg

Last edited:
I've only transported bikes in a pickup with straps and a Canyon Dancer. I put the nose into a corner and slightly depress the forks and tighten the straps. I brought the Ducati from Montana over Donner Pass back here, 1,100 miles thru several bumpy construction zones with no problems. I also brought my son's Sprint 955i from SoCal back here the same way.View attachment 1585965
man... i don't even like ducatis… but that one is a looker...

man... i don't even like ducatis… but that one is a looker...

I liked it enough to drive 2,100 miles to bring it home. Its really not a favorite among the Ducati lovers due to its French designer but I liked the front end cause its similar to the Busa, with over/under headlights. I've never been a fan of bikes with side by side headlights when only one side is lit up during normal riding like (all day). Looks odd to me. Off topic here but the deal on the Duc is a real story. Found it in the dining room of a southern Montana ranch house (just inside the double doors leading to the deck) on a battery tender. Had 1,181 miles on it and was (six years) old. No foolin! Also, the paint is a pretty good match to this lil car I saw at Alices right after I got it.:cool::laugh:
FIRST REAL DUC RIDE 008 (Medium).jpg

FIRST REAL DUC RIDE 023 (Medium).jpg

FIRST REAL DUC RIDE 028 (Medium).jpg

Back