2013/14 Brembo Brake information?

Blrry

Registered
I'm trying to install SpeedBleeders on my bike, but I've come across something odd. I think that the left and right calipers have different sized bleeder valves. I ordered a speed bleeder kit and they're M7X1.00 for the brakes (M8X1.00 for the clutch, I think). Anyway, the Speed Bleeder on the right caliper is a perfect fit, tightens down nicely etc, the bleeder on the right size feels like it's a size too small!

The kit I got came with 3 m7X1.00 and 1 M8X1.00 - am I screwed up in my thinking, and the larger one is for the left front caliper and the clutch/rear/right front bleeder are all the right size?

I can't find any info online on these particular bleeder sizes from Brembo - and the GSX1300R service manual that is often referenced here from servicemanualsgsxr dot com are for a '14 Busa is actually a K9 manual... which didn't have Brembo brakes.

Any help much appreciated. Putting in speed bleeders since I've upgraded to LSL/ABM handlebar kit and I want the new lines bled and I had them on my VFR and loved the simplicity of doing the fluid maintenance by myself on that bike.

Thanks ,

Blrry

Ok, still couldn't find anything online, so I began mucking around with my bike. The left front caliper - at least on my bike, does indeed have a different sized bleeder bolt than the right front caliper. If you want to buy speed bleeders for your bike you will need the following:

-2 (two) M7X1.00 for the front right caliper and rear brake
-2 (two) M8X1.25 for the left front caliper and clutch
- (two?) Really small hands to get to the bleeders on the front clutch!

Blrry

Brakes and the clutch can be bleed without speed bleeders, they are not necessary.

Brakes and the clutch can be bleed without speed bleeders, they are not necessary.

Nobody said they were necessary, they're just a bit of kit that I like and I have put them on my bikes in the past and like how they work. Hayabusas aren't strictly necessary, either. They're just a bike that I like, so I have one of those too! :laugh:

Really,,
Nobody said they were necessary, they're just a bit of kit that I like and I have put them on my bikes in the past and like how they work. Hayabusas aren't strictly necessary, either. They're just a bike that I like, so I have one of those too! :laugh:

Back