2012 is doom upon us?

When I first saw the Discovery channel show, the first thing I thought was that after this year, we'd only have 1 more election year to deal with.  That's worth the end of the world for me.
heck yeah! the way that everything is trending, I'm suprised they aren't trashing /polling for the 2012 canidates now
laugh.gif
hopefully whatever happens, it'll be a big reset button and help the majority get back to reality

THIS world ends when *I* die.   ;)

2012?  You mean we are to fear yet ANOTHER man-made number?  Numbers that are created BY man to scientifically define and track natural cycles?  why are we always so afraid of numbers?  I've NEVER seen ONE NUMBER in nature.  Although I saw a cloud that looked like a 7 once.  Was that a message from God?

I don't believe in numbers... I don't have any faith in numbers... I don't FEAR numbers and I sure as heck will not be defined or GUIDED by numbers.  IT'S JUST A NUMBER!!  

For all any of us REALLY know about the Mayan calendar's ending at 2012, maybe the guy making calendars died in the process and since the Mayan's didn't live for numbers either, noboday cared enough to continue making the calendars.  Maybe he got bored and went back to head shrinking.  Maybe he was a Mayan nerd and FINALLY got a girlfriend after putting down his calendar pen...  who knows?  And we should NOT care.

Live NOW.  Live out loud.  Live FOR REAL.  As I drove around this after noon with the rain coming down and my convertable top DOWN, people were honking, waving and laughing.  I was thinking to myself "If THIS were my last day on this planet, would I worry about the rain hitting me or TREASURE these 30 minutes of driving in the rain?"  I'll take experiences over fear ANYDAY
Damn well said, bro!

--Wag--

I always joke around about the world coming to an end on December 23, 2012.

It's just a joke, though. The last thing I'm going to do is a Heaven's Gate routine.

Like Thrasherfox said, what's going on today is enough concern for me without having to worry about what's going to happen in four more years. Or twenty more years.

Live for today and plan for tomorrow is a good axiom. You don't want to be so miserly that you're putting all of your efforts into tomorrow and forget to take what life has handed to you today. By the same token, you can't squander what life is giving you today because then tomorrow becomes too bleak to face.

Let's joke about 666 while we're at it. Anyone think Obama is the anti-Christ!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I crack myself up!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

See! This is why I eat burgers, ice cream and oreo's.

Plenty of burritos too!
thumb_up.gif

r8
cha cha cha baby!! big ole fat burrito with plenty of salsa verde... fried icecream and we can top it all off with a oreo cookie shake...

btw, the day is supposed to be Dec 21 2012 (my birthday, having end of the world party myself, everyone is invited)

There are a lot of things that actually are theorized to happen on that day but I watched a show on the Discovery channel about 2012 that was actually pretty interesting. First of all there are just as many people that say the Mayan Calendar simply recycles and starts over in 2012 as those that say it means all hell is breaking loose so don't get your panties in a wad just yet. They talked about the magnetic poles of both the Earth and the Sun potentially reversing at that same approximate time, both of which have happened before. The really interesting thing was the sun spot activity. They talked about how much effect the gravitational pull of Jupiter has on solar flare activity. This activity always peaks when Jupiter is closest to the sun. They go on to talk about how a planetary alignment coincident with Dec 21st 2012 could provide an additive effect to this and cause massive solar flares. They also talked about how our solar system would be in planar alignment with the Milky way galaxy at virtually the same time which could even further enhance the solar flare activity? Will it be the end of the world? Who knows? Will dogs and cats sleep together? Will Hillary and Obama have an affair? Who cares.

Quit worrying about what could happen and Seize the day kids!
peace.gif

I've thought about the myan calender for some time now after watching it on the history channel about 2 years ago, several other groups or civilizations also say the same thing, native americans are another. The earth will also complete it's cycle of rotating on it's axis in 2012, which happens every 2500 years. This will cause major shifts in the earths crust or plates, earth quakes, volcanoes,etc. definatly something to keep an eye on. Lots of wierd weather happening right now which isn't all global warming, ice core samples have shown that this cycle has occured about 3 times that they can prove?!?!
argue.gif
 Like this topic myself
thumb_up.gif
John, this is one of my favorite topics too. Juli and I actually got to visit Mayan Ruins in the Yucatan Penisula in 07. We visited several sites, but Coba was by far the largest with an estimated population of 60,000 in its prime. They had technology we can not duplicate today. Divine intervention? Alien presence? Who knows, but the world will not end in 2012. This is when the Mayan calender starts over.

only thing I hope is that the NEW BUSA is out before we vaporize...

666 - to us - is yet again another NUMBER to "fear".  perhaps it's not the number that matters, but that fact that it is "NUMBERS THEMSELVES" that are the antiChrist by dominating and controlling our lives?  From time, money, age, distances, amounts, counting... all these numbers dominate our lives all day long and we live by them, usually distracting us from what is REALLY important: live, love.... and Christ ?

or maybe it's a mutated DNA GATC coding:   GGG

either way, I can't deal with that since I have to get back to watching my life tick away one NUMBER at a time

Really there is only one number I care about. The powerball numbers tonight! Come on big money! Well, I guess that would be six numbers, but I care about them equally.

I always joke around about the world coming to an end on December 23, 2012.  

It's just a joke, though.  The last thing I'm going to do is a Heaven's Gate routine.

Like Thrasherfox said, what's going on today is enough concern for me without having to worry about what's going to happen in four more years.  Or twenty more years.

Live for today and plan for tomorrow is a good axiom.  You don't want to be so miserly that you're putting all of your efforts into tomorrow and forget to take what life has handed to you today.  By the same token, you can't squander what life is giving you today because then tomorrow becomes too bleak to face.

Let's joke about 666 while we're at it.  Anyone think Obama is the anti-Christ!  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I crack myself up!

--Wag--
some do. i dont. i think the anti christ is gonna be more liked.

biggrin.gif

I know this will open up a whole other can'o'worms... but some say they are not afraid of numbers because they are man made... but in the same respect so was the bible. Written by men, about events the supposedly happened. I'll be honest, I'm not religious at all, and many times I'm anti-religion, but I also don't disrespect people for what they believe. Just putting another spin on it.

I think you'll find a lot of history backing up stuff in the bible. But it was a form of communication, not a scientific methodology. The Bible has more feeling and purpose than a number.
Nothing wrong with your interesting perspective though! Good thinking
smile.gif

oh no! I just had a horrible, HORRIBLE thought...

Is Prince gonna release a song called 2012 now that was have to listen to for 4 years solid? ? ?

"... tonight we gonna party like its 2000 0 0 1 2!" yeeesh. the thought

The world needs to be thinking about how to better ourselves and quit bickering over such petty things such as money, power and religion. We all should work together to create a better place for ourselves and our children's children.

Every time I try to call 666 it always seems to be busy.. Guess I'm not the only one with problems?

Back