2012 is doom upon us?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I was just thinking about the whole Myan colander thing today. There are a few things that are happening that could lead to this. Not saying I believe in it but im just looking at the possibility's.

There predicting no ice at the North Pole this summer. If global warming is really happening this quick 2012 could be the right time from for all hell to brake loose?

CERN (ATLAS) the big particle accelerator in Switzerland is coming online in a few months. Will a black hole be developed in 2012 that swallows everything? Perhaps open a portal that lets in an army of Aliens that take our jobs? (southpark) lol

Peak Oil. Road Warrior days begin in 2012?

Terrorist nuke attacks?

Planet-X? Don't know much about it but I heard something about it.

Anyway im bored, this is as always an interesting topic to me. So discuss away.

planet X is to be closest to earth in 2012, about twice the distance of the moon from earth, but planet X is about the size of jupiter...

lurk.gif

I've thought about the myan calender for some time now after watching it on the history channel about 2 years ago, several other groups or civilizations also say the same thing, native americans are another. The earth will also complete it's cycle of rotating on it's axis in 2012, which happens every 2500 years. This will cause major shifts in the earths crust or plates, earth quakes, volcanoes,etc. definatly something to keep an eye on. Lots of wierd weather happening right now which isn't all global warming, ice core samples have shown that this cycle has occured about 3 times that they can prove?!?!
argue.gif
Like this topic myself
thumb_up.gif

See! This is why I eat burgers, ice cream and oreo's.

Plenty of burritos too!
thumb_up.gif

r8

THIS world ends when *I* die.   ;)

2012?  You mean we are to fear yet ANOTHER man-made number?  Numbers that are created BY man to scientifically define and track natural cycles?  why are we always so afraid of numbers?  I've NEVER seen ONE NUMBER in nature.  Although I saw a cloud that looked like a 7 once.  Was that a message from God?

I don't believe in numbers... I don't have any faith in numbers... I don't FEAR numbers and I sure as heck will not be defined or GUIDED by numbers.  IT'S JUST A NUMBER!!  

For all any of us REALLY know about the Mayan calendar's ending at 2012, maybe the guy making calendars died in the process and since the Mayan's didn't live for numbers either, noboday cared enough to continue making the calendars.  Maybe he got bored and went back to head shrinking.  Maybe he was a Mayan nerd and FINALLY got a girlfriend after putting down his calendar pen...  who knows?  And we should NOT care.

Live NOW.  Live out loud.  Live FOR REAL.  As I drove around this after noon with the rain coming down and my convertable top DOWN, people were honking, waving and laughing.  I was thinking to myself "If THIS were my last day on this planet, would I worry about the rain hitting me or TREASURE these 30 minutes of driving in the rain?"  I'll take experiences over fear ANYDAY

THIS world ends when *I* die.   ;)

2012?  You mean we are to fear yet ANOTHER man-made number?  Numbers that are created BY man to scientifically define and track natural cycles?  why are we always so afraid of numbers?  I've NEVER seen ONE NUMBER in nature.  Although I saw a cloud that looked like a 7 once.  Was that a message from God?

I don't believe in numbers... I don't have any faith in numbers... I don't FEAR numbers and I sure as heck will not be defined or GUIDED by numbers.  IT'S JUST A NUMBER!!  

For all any of us REALLY know about the Mayan calendar's ending at 2012, maybe the guy making calendars died in the process and since the Mayan's didn't live for numbers either, noboday cared enough to continue making the calendars.  Maybe he got bored and went back to head shrinking.  Maybe he was a Mayan nerd and FINALLY got a girlfriend after putting down his calendar pen...  who knows?  And we should NOT care.

Live NOW.  Live out loud.  Live FOR REAL.  As I drove around this after noon with the rain coming down and my convertable top DOWN, people were honking, waving and laughing.  I was thinking to myself "If THIS were my last day on this planet, would I worry about the rain hitting me or TREASURE these 30 minutes of driving in the rain?"  I'll take experiences over fear ANYDAY
and wet seats bro
laugh.gif
 put your top up and stay dry, gesh  
lol1.gif
and for 30 min.. better lay off the crack too lol

I also know a world turning event that will happen b4 the end
cool.gif
The next American Idol will be crowned?

Wait, I just had a thought. What if the next American Idol was Jesus. That would be cheating though because he would have divine intervention. Of course Simon Cowell would still slam him and Paula would still be as dumb as a rock. But then again he's Jesus, he wouldn't cheat would he? Hmmmm
please.gif

THIS world ends when *I* die. ;)

2012? You mean we are to fear yet ANOTHER man-made number? Numbers that are created BY man to scientifically define and track natural cycles? why are we always so afraid of numbers? I've NEVER seen ONE NUMBER in nature. Although I saw a cloud that looked like a 7 once. Was that a message from God?

I don't believe in numbers... I don't have any faith in numbers... I don't FEAR numbers and I sure as heck will not be defined or GUIDED by numbers. IT'S JUST A NUMBER!!

For all any of us REALLY know about the Mayan calendar's ending at 2012, maybe the guy making calendars died in the process and since the Mayan's didn't live for numbers either, noboday cared enough to continue making the calendars. Maybe he got bored and went back to head shrinking. Maybe he was a Mayan nerd and FINALLY got a girlfriend after putting down his calendar pen... who knows? And we should NOT care.

Live NOW. Live out loud. Live FOR REAL. As I drove around this after noon with the rain coming down and my convertable top DOWN, people were honking, waving and laughing. I was thinking to myself "If THIS were my last day on this planet, would I worry about the rain hitting me or TREASURE these 30 minutes of driving in the rain?" I'll take experiences over fear ANYDAY
Well said.

clap.gif

Back